back to article Acer Ethos 5951G 15.6in Core i5 notebook

The Acer Ethos 5951G laptop, with its matt black casing and blue activity LEDs, looks rather purposeful. I continued to be impressed by the cosmetics as I hefted the 3.3kg slab onto my lap even though a closer look revealed the brushed finish on the lid was nothing more than plastic, rather than the implied aluminium skin. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. persistability2

remote

Dell XPS had/have a remote (in their case housed in a PC card slot), so nothing "new"

2. cloudgazer
    FAIL

'The problem is that there was a short lag between the movement of my finger and the cursor travelling on the screen.'

How on earth can the device still get 75% with a flaw that gaping? Any perceptible lag on the trackpad is an immediate FAIL.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How come this only gets 70%

When the Apple Air is a crippled machine, with a smaller screen at £1000 and gets a huge score? Shill much?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Opinion <> fact

It's pretty obvious that you have never actually used a Macbook Air. Crippled? Your mental reasoning capacity, perhaps.

4. Seb123
    FAIL

Screen resolution?

"15.6in screen contains 1366 x 768" and around £1000? Seriously? 1366 x 768 on a 15" screen? Is that a typo on your part or a joke on Acer's part?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like