back to article HTC to bring souped-up Sense to handbag handset

HTC has officially unveiled the Rhyme, a sleek handset that comes with the company's freshly updated Sense platform. The Rhyme arrives flaunting a 3.7in display and 5Mp stills'n'video camera as well as a front-facing 0.3Mp webcam. It packs 4GB of storage and 768MB of Ram. HTC Rhyme Android smartphone The phone runs a 1GHz …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sadako
    Mushroom

Charm

OK. Why can't I have a keyring or something that does the same as their glowie phone charm? The teeny tiny LED on my Desire is so hard to see it is useless; same on my G1 before that.

My first phone was a brick of a Sagem back in '99 that had a really bright multicolour LED on the top. It was really easy to see when I had a text without waking the phone up. and I've missed it on every phone i've had since.

2. easyk

Will they come out with a version for men call "Reason"?

3. Darryl

What colour is "hourglass"?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cool!

..you know.. for the kids!

5. PaulR79
    Flame

Sense 3 and now Sense 3.5 - upgrade older phones?

I remember when the Sensation came out with Sense 3 (I think..) and it was mentioned that the Desire HD couldn't handle it because it needed a dual-core CPU. This was obviously shullbit from HTC and most knew it as such. Now this new Sense 3.5 has all the same functionality of Sense 3 with a few little extras thrown in and it's on a phone that has practically identical specs to the Desire HD.

Will the Desire HD see any sign of Sense 3.5? I doubt it. Will HTC admit that the Desire HD could run it easily? Hell no. Customers remember how you treat them and if HTC had any real sense (hah!) they'd upgrade phones that are capable of running it for as long as possible. This is what a customer remembers and that is what earns repeat business. They don't go out and buy a newer phone for a few new features when most are tied into 18 month or longer contracts, not unless they're quite well off.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like