back to article Parliament's security staff lose parliament security data

A laptop containing information about Parliament's security systems disappeared from, er, the department responsible for Parliament's security last week, claims the Daily Telegraph. According to the paper, the machine belonged to an official working for the Serjeant at Arms, and disappeared from inside the parliamentary estate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete mcQuail
    Paris Hilton

equipment and furniture, rather than MPs and Peers

Ah so they've found Lord Lucan then.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MPs and Peers

Can't we just do a Belgium and make our MPs and Peers disappear? The Belgian's have been without a Government for 6 months now and seem to not really be missing it.

Think how much more secure our data would be if we didn't have a Government to constantly f**k things up!

3. Anonymous John
    Unhappy

"The Mother of Parliaments"

Grr!

"England is the Mother of Parliaments" John Bright 1865.

4. Hollerith

I love this stuff

Every time the Government screws up, ID cards recede into the misty future. Hooray!

@anon John -- thank you! I also go Grrrrrr.

5. Ben Cross
    Paris Hilton

what a bunch of idiots..

What buffoons!!! have they not learnt to keep things yet....!! it seems every day the Government (or branches of) lose something new..

!!!!!

6. Slaine
    Flame

gobsmacked - again, again, again etc

lets just recap here. these are the same people who ensure that nurses and doctors are well supported; who organise funding for education and research; who pass laws that prevent landlords from allowing retired soldiers from having a smoke with their pint unless they take it out into the pouring rain; who refuse to legalise cannibals; who see no problem with spending olympian mountains of cash on a project that has already quadrupled in price in the last 12 months, still 4 years before completion; who don't see a problem with breaking their own rules on accepting bribes - oops, sorry, donations; ..... [12 pages deleted] ... and who, in the knowledge that the rules have been hidden from their own employees still attempt to lay the blame at their feet.

Makes me sick. No wonder there is a brain drain.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Brain drain

I'm leaving the country; mainly because of the mess that these idiots in Government have made of the place, does this mean that I am one of the brains draining away?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Always complaining!

Why don't you commend the government on their drive toward Open Government!

They're just giving it all away...

...sorry; must dash... there's my cab...

9. Matt

Belgium

That's right, we've had no government for six months. Next step is to stop paying the slimy whatsits!

10. Richard

When will they Learn

I bet you anything, the only time the government will do anything about this regular loss of secure information (from their super dooper secure systems and processes) is when some genius steals Gordon Browns chair from under his big fat ass.

Even then he probably wont notice until someone points it out to him

11. An ominous cow herd

@Slaine

WHEN DID THEY LEGALISE CANNIBALS?!?!

(sorry for the caps, I'm still in shock..)

12. Roger Brown
    Dead Vulture

elected?

These are also the people who expect us to trust them enough to elect a new gang every four years......and enough people are dumb enough to do it.

13. Steve

For the love of God

Somebody, please, lose the Cabinet somewhere.

14. Mike Moyle
    Happy

Re: "The Mother of Parliaments"

Would this be where one mentions that the Icelandic parliament was established in 930 AD, making it (presumably) the FATHER of parliaments?

15. Lorenz Kahl

@Brain Drain

@Brain drain.

that's the reason I'm now in NZ!

@An ominous cow herd.

NO - they REFUSE to legalise cannabis.....

16. Morely Dotes
    Coat

@Slaine

"who refuse to legalise cannibals;"

Bloody foodists. Cannibalism was good enough for our ancestors, and it ought to be good enough for Parliament! After all, it's not as if humans would stoop to consuming MPs or Peers...

The tweed with the leather elbows, thanks.

17. Andy ORourke
    Joke

Your all miissing the point!

Once the government has successfully 'lost' the personal details of every man, woman and child in the country there will be no need to worry about identity theft and personal details being open to abuse when they introduce ID cards since everyone’s details will already be in the public domain!

This topic is closed for new posts.