back to article Baltimore 'toilet bomber' acquitted

The mysterious "toilet bomb case" which has held the city of Baltimore gripped since February has reached its close, as a jury found Duane Gerald Davis Senior not guilty of leaving a fake exploding toilet outside a courthouse. Davis was charged by local law last February after depositing a modified lavatory "decorated with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. disgruntled yank

Not Baltimore, Towson

The city of Baltimore has county-equivalent status, and is a separate entity from Baltimore County, of which the county seat is Towson.

No doubt the residents of the city were equally gripped by the drama, but still....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

An exile writes

Remember, it rhymes with "now" not "tow".

2. James Hughes 1

So.....

If I were Al-Qaeda, I'd think I'd know how to disguise my next bomb.....

(I'm not Al-Qaeda, can't even spell it, and have no intention of making a bomb, for any spooks listening)

1. Gordon 10

Too late

Your rendition to an allied power with more flexible 'justice' has been scheduled. Please remain calm and go about your business until dragged into the van from the street.

Anyone reading this should consider themselves likely for the same fate.

Regards

The security services - protecting democracy from itself.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

So (2)...

to put it on the record. OF COURSE you're not Al-Qaeda but, as the old bolshevik saying goes: "trust, but verify".

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: SO.....

Would a toilet be on the same level as pigs to Muslims, as both are "unclean"?

3. Tim #3

Presumably Mr Davis is flushed with his success.

1. Thomas 4

As opposed to people nearby who were crapping themselves.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jumping at shadows

"OMFG! WHAT IT THAT? IT MUST BE A BOMB!"

"No, that's my kid's LiteBrite - she really should stop leaving her toys laying around."

"No, that is a box of donuts I brought in for everybody to share."

"No, that is a leaf. It fell off that tree."

"That's the sun."

5. GP08

Sounds like the prosecution were sh*t.

6. Charlie van Becelaere
    Childcatcher

Optional

Davis reportedly described the lavatorial escapade as "an exercise of his rights to protest and free speech".

Do we know just what he was protesting? Low quality paper products? Morons who chat on the phone while on the crapper? Bomb-sniffing dogs?

7. John Savard

Cellphone

He deliberately included a radio receiving device in the decorated toilet, which gave reasonable cause under present circumstances for authorities to suspect the possibility of a remotely controlled explosive. Therefore, charging him with a bomb hoax, nut just littering, was appropriate, and he should have been convicted, as far as I can tell from the article.

Free speech and protest are rights - but deliberately creating more work for the police is not a right.

1. peter 45
      Mushroom

With apologies to Mr David D Hagood

"No, that a remote from a doorbell I used to draw people's attention to my protest as they walk past

"No, it a cuddly teddy bear to draw attention to my protest

"No, it is a bicycle I used to drive my protest into town

"Its a battery used to drive the bells and whistles to draw attention to my protest

All of the items above have been used to contruct or hide parts of a bomb. So all of them (including anything that 'might' be used) are now banned from being used to protest, under threat of being done for Terrorism, right?

Name anything and I can probably give you a convincing (sorry, paranoid) reason why the authorities can suspect the possibility of a bomb.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like