back to article 'Leaked' FBI Anonymous/LulzSec psych profile is bogus

Supposed psychological profiles of senior members of hacking horde Anonymous are almost certainly a work of fiction. The bogus paperwork created a buzz last week when it showed up on Tugaleaks. Allegedly written by the FBI's Behavioural Science Unit, the profiles suggested that LulzSec kingpin Sabu is a narcissistic nihilist …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"In addition, the spelling and grammatical mistakes in the documents are out of place in an official dossier of this type."

Not out that of place if you consider the alleged country of origin. x

1. scarshapedstar
      Coffee/keyboard

Other on the hand

Word doesn't order really as grammar per count se.

2. Steve Evans

Cutting edge...

"Fellow member Kayla, who poses as a young female online, was said to be a bloke in his early 20s"

Quelle surprise!

3. Mike Moyle
    Facepalm

@ AC - 15:15 GMT

"'In addition, the spelling and grammatical mistakes in the documents are out of place in an official dossier of this type.'

"Not out that of place if you consider the alleged country of origin. x"

Irony, thy name is AC!

4. Fehu
    Pint

Diagnose this

Roses are red and violets are blue.

I'm not in Anonymous and I'm not either.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Morons

Antisec look more and more like morons everyday.

6. Mike VandeVelde
    Meh

"an elaborate joke"

Not really very elaborate, considering.

7. Zmodem

sounds like a movie, lulz and anon better not listen to drum n bass and think they are all street n cool

8. JaitcH
    Stop

Why wouldanyone, except gullible politicians and judges, believe the FBI?

These days organisations produce documents with slight variations in them to provide an aid for identifying sources of leaked documents.

No whistle blower in their right mind would ever supply a copy of an original, be it a paper-based document, or a computer document.

Of course, many word processing documents provide a long story line which often includes drive/directory info along with registered software user.

All good copies should be run through Notepad, in ASCII, to clean documents.

1. 5.antiago
      Thumb Down

You don't understand whistleblowing

Are you suggesting that typed-up copies of controversial secret documents are acceptable? Anything but the authentic original documents isn't good enough because real whistleblowers are attempting to affect real change and this requires buy-in from everyone else to actually make that change. Typed-up copies persuade no one, therefore there is no change.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Follow the trail

It's not that difficult to follow hackers these days. Have you noticed more being arrested lately?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The FBI PR flack is obviously engaged in dissemitating misinformation.

Anonymous know how to use spill checkers and if Anonymous were engaged in spiffing an FBI document, would obliviously use one too avoid easily discovered mistakes. It must be is the disinformation branch of the FBI who has released this dossier in order to discredit Anonymous.

AC's should be allowed to select the helicopter. I'd never post this with my screen name but is black helicopter stuff.

11. Glenn Charles

um...

So there is the mistaken impression that the ordinary FBI professional knows spelling and grammar? I'm amazed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like