back to article iiNet publishes fibre broadband plans

iiNet has announced its National Broadband Network service prices. The number-two ISP has published the prices on its Website, with the entry-level 12/1 Mbps, 40 Gbyte service costs $AU49.95 per month; with the top-speed, maximum allowance 100/40 Mbps Terabyte downloads service costing $AU99.95. Customers can choose 40 Gbyte, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Tserkezis

"Nobody ever said the NBN would be “cheaper” than broadband today; the word used in the original press conference was “affordable”."

"less affordable" would be more correct.

But that's alright, the NBN is nice and shiny so that makes up for it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's a bit of rubber in these numbers too

My (current) iiNet broadband contract bears little resemblance to any publicly available (current) pricing.

Take these plans with a pretty large grain of salt.

3. melts
    Thumb Up

haters gunna hate

i pay 50$ more than the articles price for a a less than exciting 12/1 with 1tb of quota from iinet on a telstra dslam.

frankly i think the prices look good. most of all uploads speeds are looking reasonable enough to let me offer more services online for small biz who havent been able to afford a decent link before.

people who are complaining about prices aren't looking beyond their noses. the price will drop as time passes and performance will increase. but hey lets complain while the first 1% of the network gets up and running and use the first adopter prices as the benchmark... weak

just hope the network gets to be built so it can't be scrapped and called a failure (obviously if you bin it its a failure of the party that championed it, not the butcher who kills it, ass backwards politics at work)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bring it

I'll happily pay $5 more for iiNet's offering than the crap Telstra serves up.

5. Bill Posters
    Meh

Time

By the time the majority of us actually have to make a choice between the NBN connected ISPs, the plans and prices are bound to be different anyway..

Bit more ISP consolidation coming up then?

Also very interested to see what happens with the VOIP only providers (MNF, PennyTel etal.) and if they change offerings.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

taxpayers screwed again ..

"Nobody ever said the NBN would be “cheaper” than broadband today; the word used in the original press conference was “affordable”."

My current broadband works fine so why would I, as a taxpayer, want to stump up AUD28B (yes, that's billion) for the privilege of more expensive broadband ...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like