back to article Apple preps MacBook Pro refresh

Apple is preparing a Macbook Pro refresh, that'll bring all models up to speed with Intel's current Core i5 and i7 processors. Sources told AppleInsider that the refresh is on the cards as early as the end of this month, in order to keep competitive over the holiday season ahead of the Ivy Bridge next-gen refresh in Q2 2012. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jan 0 Silver badge
    Pint

That's good news, but what I'd like to know is when we can expect a revised MacPro?

I don't just mean a processor upgrade and some thunderbolt ports either. Surely it's time for a smaller case that we can stuff with maybe 10 2.5" SAS discs and a pair of SSDs too. Nvidia Quadros?

A beer while I'm waiting

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

The big question ...

What colour will it be?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Phew - no physical change

I'm glad they're not dumping the optical drive just yet - if there was a 15" machine as thin as the Air in the offing I might get into trouble with my bank manager!

1. I_am_Chris

A 15" air is pointless. The whole point is that it's easily portable, 15" is just too big. The 13" is perfect IYAM, but then I just got one :)

4. Christopher Edwards
    Thumb Down

Bootcamp battery life issues

Well unless they sort out the battery life issues under bootcamp I'm not interested,,,,

5. big_Jim
    Pint

It burns

My 2.2 runs hotter than hell when the gfx card kicks in. Not nice to keep on my knees.

A beer for coolant.

6. Matthew 17

I wish they'd shave the front of it

That 90 corner at the front which you end up resting your hand on when using the trackpad really aggravates my CTS, be nice if they just took an angle grinder to it and rounded it off a bit.

other than that they're great machines.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will they be able to acccept 16GB of RAM?

If that were the case, I'd be tempted to replace my Late 2010 MBP with a one of the expected ones.

8. rob9877
    FAIL

MBP Update - more...

I do think that the review here may have left out a potential screen resolution hike for the 13 incher.

Current 13inch MBP have a 1280x800 whereas the 13inch air's have a 1440 x 900.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like