back to article UK cyber security plan delayed till October

The UK government's Cyber Security Strategy publication for this year is now expected in mid-October, after being delayed until after the party conference season. The Minister for Cyber Security, Francis Maude, was due to make a parliamentary statement on the strategy before the end of the month, but Thursday is the last day …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dazed and Confused
    Happy

Will all hackers

please wait till then

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Cyber Security

Surely the UK shouldn't be left at risk to the peripatetic serried ranks of global Cyber warrior forces for a moment longer. Particularly not an almost two month delay because of party conferences?

Good grief.

3. dephormation.org.uk
    Meh

'Tier 1 national priority' wasn't ready in time

I see.

I guess we just sit here then, twiddling our fingers, hoping UK CNI doesn't get screwed over by Russian/Chinese/American/Greek/Turkish cybercriminals?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Again!

4. Scott Broukell
    Megaphone

October which year ?

1. suferick
      Meh

So what? It's not as if we don't have one already - this is just the updated version. We will muddle through somehow on last year's strategy

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Super Enrichment ..... Virtual OverLode for Digital Flights

An Embarrassment of Riches Spoiling One for Choice is Valid Cause for Celebration in Considerate Delays. ..... Pregnant Pauses of Creative Energy.

Do the Government have Virtual Control .... or Not .... or Not! Yet!?

6. Richard Porter
    Black Helicopters

National Security

is obviously trumped by party politicking. Sorry, but what is the first duty of the government? Oh yes, to get re-elected. Silly me.

1. Jason 24

I read that as...

Party-bollock-tickling, I'm sure that's all they get up to.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are we sure..

...that this isn't a case of keeping the details out of the public eye until after Conference Season, based on the argument that "we'll be furious when we find out and the Minister will be embarrassed"?

8. Elmer Phud
    IT Angle

No rush

Hey, it's only a 'Strategy' publication. It means nothing at all, just a bit of paper with wish-lists on it.

Maude will feel better, the Tories say they are 'doing something' and by the time they get to try and implement something there won't be any coppers left to nick anyone.

Maybe HM.Gove will farm the work out to people who really understand the law and go for the usual suspects with threatening letters to the least able individuals.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like