back to article Hands on with Toshiba's 'world's thinnest' Android 3.2 tablet

Toshiba didn't give us the chance to do much more than hold its new Android 3.2 tablet, the prosaically named AT200, but it was enough to see that this is a very thin tablet. Toshiba AT200 Excite Android 3.2 tablet Yet 7.7mm thick it may be, but because its sides are flat, with only a very small curve at the edges, it doesn' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. illiad

still not thin enough!!!

maybe when it electronic paper, that pulls out from pen- size hardware...

http://jkontherun.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/roem2.jpg

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah but..

because it's thin, rectangular with rounded corners It must be an iPAD, i am so confused, why have they not put a fruit on it htis time....

3. Mark 65

Micro SD

Why choose this format - it's poxy? I know it's smaller, but this thing is hardly a candy bar mobile phone. Surely a larger more common card format, one that could come out of your compact camera for instance, would be a better choice?

1. technohead95

what's the issue?

If you don't mind a bigger device and want a full SD card slot then look at the thrive or netbooks/laptops. Nothing stopping people from using a micro SD card in their camera with a full size SD card adapter.

1. Mark 65

Larger device?

My point is why use such a small card in such a sizable device - 10" diagonal is hardly pocket sized. MicroSD are shitty little cards that are easily lost.

1. Rich 2 Silver badge
          Unhappy

Yuk

I have to agree. Micro sd cards are just too bloody small. It's bad enough on a phone - at least you tend not to need to move then too much. But on anything larger than a postage stamp, they are just too fiddly.

4. Tom 7

Thin - so you can

put it in a large protective case with all the other bits of tut that should have been replaced by simple software twenty years ago.

I look forward to reviews of those same protective cases where the merits of the various swish noises made extracting the device are considered in detail. Oh and the repair times when snapped by a sudden movement.

5. JayKay
    FAIL

It's all in a name...

When are these manufacturers going to realise that giving a product a stupid name just isn't going to wash.

The AT200 sounds like a washing machine. There's absolutely no relation to the product.

iPad. Sounds great, rolls off the tongue and everyone knows what one is.

FAIL

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Name...

Libretto?

2. graeme leggett Silver badge

No relation to product?

hmm "AT 200" what could that possibly mean...

Android

Tablet

200 mm

?

1. John 62
        Boffin

AT?

They can't be very confident of it walking over the competition or they would have called it the AT-AT.

6. Miek

Hopefully ..

It won't have all that FCC crap printed on the back! Other than that it looks well fondle-worthy

7. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

This should be outlawed !

After all, it is rectangular and has icon thingies !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like