back to article Pogoplug maker intros nano Nas for smartphones

Cloud Engines, the build-your-own-cloud-storage company, has unveiled a junior member of its Pogoplug device family: the Pogoplug Mobile. Cloud Engines Pogoplug Mobile mini Nas for phones The compact unit sports a single USB 2.0 port to which you can hook up external storage to share online. You don't even need a drive - the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SynicNZ

The problem with the pogoplug solutions ....

Is that you must access your pogo via their website.

Why is this necessary

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: The problem with the pogoplug solutions ....

Last I looked, you could also use desktop software, smartphone apps and even both Finder and Windows Explorer.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Linux

Re: The problem with the pogoplug solutions ....

You can also flash the bootloader and get them to run the ARM version of ArchLinux of an attached disk. Of the four Pogoplugs I own, I've done this to three of them and they make very good, low-power Linux boxen.

2. Dotter

Backup Device for Smartphones

I thought this was the computer you synced files to the phone and updated it with?

3. Sandy Ritchie

hmmm

All of which route through pogoplugs website....

I got a pogoplug, it promised so much and failed to deliver all but the most basic audio streaming.

4. Bassey

SOunds useful

Except that SugarSync already provides all of this and it is free for upto 5GB. My photos etc are automatically uploaded from my phone and I can both access files and stream media from it. I suppose this has the advantage of not handing over your files to a third party - but that is only really an advantage to the law-breakers and/or paranoid.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like