back to article Paper Camera

I’m not a big enthusiast of mobile phone photography. As long as the end result is in focus and the lighting doesn’t make it look like it was taken on the surface of some distant planet orbiting a green sun, I’m happy. If I want better, I use a real camera. But if your photographic emphasis is more on fun than verisimilitude, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Westerman
    Holmes

Spelling

That's "hirsute" I think. Thanks for the tip, downloading now.

2. CompuGuide

Camera360 Lite

Similar to Camera360 (the Lite version is free)

3. Rupert Stubbs

T'was an iOS app first...

Just in case anyone was thinking of switching to get it...

1. Bill B

IOS app

Not thinking of switching but it would be useful for the reviewer to mention if a particular App is available for IOS (and vice versa for IOS reviews). This then kills two birds with one stone.

4. Bob H
    FAIL

No App2SD

If it doesn't have App2SD and consumes more than 700kB it had better make a damn good dry martini as well.

2.2MB without App2SD means it won't even get tried out in my world.

1. dotdavid
      Unhappy

Absolutely

I also feel that a developer can't be worth much if they don't take the time to learn the platform well enough to implement App2SD support. If they can't even get that right, why am I supposed to expect they get more difficult things like battery usage right?

Another commentard said this was originally an IOS app. Half-assed port perhaps? It would explain the lack of support for Android-specific features like App2SD.

Unfortunately on Android we're getting more and more half-assed IOS ports (*cough*linkedin*cough*)...

2. bibs

Root

If internal memory is really that tight, why not Root your phone? Then you can move anything to SD card including the hefty google apps.

5. alan buxey
    Thumb Down

..pity

no App2SD support - otherwise it'd be an instant purchase

PS don't care if its available for other platforms. you'd have to be a

bit of a twit to switch phone platform just for one nice little App - after all,

such an App could exist as a Cloud-based web application that you

simply e.g. tweet your photos to.

1. Arctic fox
      Happy

@alan buxey Web-based apps

It is an interesting point regarding apps. The point is often repeated lazily and ad nauseam that apps discourage transferring from one os to another. I am not so sure *to what degree* this is true. Given that even paid apps are pretty damn cheap then unless a genuinely "mission critical" app is not available on the os one is considering moving to and or the new os' ecosystem has limited choice and numbers then I am not so sure how vital this point is. It may very well be the case that how comfortable the average punter is with the os/stock UI concerned and how much he/she likes the phone itself may have more to say than having to replace apps if one does transfer. Whatever, when and if web-apps begin to compete in terms of quality and availability thus eliminating the platform tie-in we will no doubt see.

6. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

iOS first?

By a matter of days - the press release announcing the iOS 1.0 version was sent out on July 5th, the Android version appeared in the Market on July 23rd.

7. ted209

Want to see a decent sketch effect?

Sketch effects can be done well, check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxrKvRRa-O8

8. Some Beggar
    Meh

Apologies in advance for the technical jargon

but ever since these "sketch" and "cartoon" filters were introduced in PC/Mac editing software in the 1990s they have suffered from the same basic problem: the results are complete shit.

9. Gerrit Hoekstra
    Childcatcher

Why is that horrible little boy...

...jumping on the poor chicken in the first picture?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chicken?

I think that's a squirrel.... but maybe it tastes like chicken.

1. Marcelo Rodrigues
      Alien

I bet

That it tastes almost, but not entirely, different from chicken!

Mine´s the one... sorry, it´s a towel.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like