back to article Cyber cops arrest man, 61, for menacing chick-lit MP

The Metropolitan Police have arrested a man suspected of sending threatening emails and Twitter messages to Tory MP and Murdoch-botherer Louise Mensch. The Met said: Officers from the Metropolitan Police Service's (MPS) Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU) working with officers from the Palace of Westminster have today, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah

Yeah cause everyone knows that the anonymous crowd are all old people around the age of 60 or 70. They should all be tazed or pepper sprayed. That'll learn 'em.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. CyberDrac
    FAIL

Apology?

I'm hoping that an immediate apology to LulzSec and Anonymous followed for calling their good name into disrepute

1. JimC
      Coffee/keyboard

icon sufficient

surely

4. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

But, but...

surely, the 61 year old played violent video games?!

1. BrownishMonstr

or..

...maybe listened to gangsta rap, or have they finished blaming that?

5. Thomas 18
    FAIL

Why pay for a care home

When you can get a cushy stretch in minimum security day release prison for sending some emails.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Deleted by a moderator

Where the hell is Sarah Bee when you need her?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'Malicious communication'?

If they really arrested everyone guilty of that, there'd he nobody left on YouTube...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Go

'Malicious communication'? →

Yeah, oddly enough, direct death threats are taken quite seriously in most countries.....strange that.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Boffin

Not allowing death threats?

Next they'll be banning murder!

It's health and safety gone mad!

(Safety goggle guy icon. Because he's wearing safety goggles. It' health and safet.... Oh, wait, I've already done that bit.)

8. Rikster
    Trollface

Re: 'Malicious communication'?

Not all that bad, there would be no Justin Beeber or Rebecca Black . . . if they're not considered 'Malicious communication' against my eardrums . . . I don't know what is . . .

1. BrownishMonstr

genetic engineering

atleast we do not live in a time where genetic engineering could give us a cross breed of the two.

9. Inachu
    Pint

I am sure he just wanted to mate with her.

So how does mating with a woman make the public think it was a teenager?

That only the young mass produce?

Who are you people to say a 61 year old does not have any fertility problems?

I am sure he did this in jest just to be close to her.

10. lpopman
    Coat

titular noncesense

this'll be the guy who supplies cp to /b

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Murdoch botherer?

Please! Drama queen is more appropriate given her reaction to the attempted pieing of Murdoch.

Look at the slowmo part this video for a perfect performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3SfSBjo7YE

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Quite

Difficult to be a genuine Murdoch botherer when you're a tory. Word has it that Central Office used to oblige you to have "i love RM: Property of NI" tattooed to your (right, obviously!) buttock before they'd let you within 10,000 votes of a safe seat, although I've no doubt they were more flexible on the votes front if you were a bit more decorative on camera than say John Gummer.

"Left wing" councils may have taken a "why not Microsoft?" approach, but for the tories it was always "why not do exactly what Rupert says?", at least till mid-July.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Perhaps not an Anonymous/LulzSec kiddy after all"

This may come as a surprise to you, John, but Anonymous is a lot more than just "kids." I've seen 50 and 60 year olds who have donned the mask, and done things in support of wikileaks and other Anonymous targets. The media imagines this mysterious 5th-column-style underground organization of 15-year-olds, which you seem to have bought into. Anonymous is much, much more than that. Anonymous is humanity's first civilization-wide Gestalt, made possible by the advent of the Internet. It includes people of all ages, races, creeds and lifestyles. As its saying goes, "We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."

13. Mike Moyle
    Facepalm

"Hi kids! ::waves:: ..."

Well, if she wasn't on their radar BEFORE, she certainly is NOW!

14. Marvin the Martian
    Facepalm

What a classy message.

Whatever provocation (there's something about not stooping to the other's level), I'm a bit puzzled by her tweets... It's not really of the gravitas I'd want from a Right Honourable Member of Parliament, a Tory one, and an professional writer at that.

1. Jonathan Richards 1

Hon, not Rt Hon

I believe, but am too lazy to look it up, that *Right* Honourable members are Privy Councillors; the rest are just Honourable. As a form of address, that is. The House has got a lot of dishonourable and disreputable behaviour to live down.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like