back to article Ofcom pilots paid-for voting and compo rules for broadcasters

Ofcom has launched a one-year pilot during which broadcasters can make on-air references to any website where the audience can access paid-for applications in order to participate in voting or competitions. Previously, paid compo entries and voting could only lawfully take place on the phone. The UK's communications regulator …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. It wasnt me
    Meh

Fines

These fines are all well and good. Does anyone know where the money goes though? I'd like to think there was a way of recompensing those who were defrauded, but i'm not sure if that actually happens.

Anyone know what does happen ?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Angel

While only vaguely related to the article...

"Now you can pay online to kick Sally off Big Brother"

Maybe Anonymous or LulzSec will do some good and hack the voting website, forcing all contestants to remain in the CBB house.

I give them two weeks before they start killing one another as the realisation that they will be spending the rest of their lives trapped together dawns on them and they become homicidal.

Where is the "dreams" icon?

3. Dale 3

My vote counts

Pay real money for a negligible vote in a choice that doesn't matter, for an outcome that makes no difference to anything.

It's entertaining, I suppose.

4. hplasm
    Meh

Or

wait for a General Election and do the same thing for free!

But why do more people choose the pay option?

Funny old world...

5. cs94njw
    Alert

Hmm... competitions?

Currently when there's a competition advertised by a TV program, you can spend rediculous money on taking part by phone, you can send in a post card, or enter for free from a website.

Does this mean that will change? Micro-payments for entering competitions?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like