back to article BlackBerry Curve 9360 hits UK

RIM has launched the BlackBerry Curve 9360 in the UK, featuring BlackBerry 7 OS and BBM6, the company’s fuel in the crowd jewel-in-the-crown messenger service. RIM BlackBerry Curve 9360 Curve handsets are RIM’s most popular smartphone both globally and in the UK, and the company has high hopes that this revamp will sustain …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward 101

Always curious...

...about why companies market their products with such terrible names. Why give your product a name that is difficult to remember?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Huh?

Are we talking about the "Curve" or the "9360" part?

3. Lunatik
    FAIL

Is it just me...

...or does this offer absolutely nothing (save NFC, wow) over last year's models? When each yearly iPhone refresh generally defines the new hotness and the Android crown is a constantly shifting target of speed and features, that must be some good smack the boys at RIM are on just to keep cranking out this tired old shit.

1. Monkey

As much as I like BB's....

I really have to agree with you on this.

2. Sulphur Man

heh..heh...

....jealous

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Compare it to the entry-level model of last year

You have to compare like with like, this is an upgrade to the Curve 9300 and as such offers a new os, faster processor and a higher screen resolution in a nicer design so yes there is more added than just NFC.

You mention the iphone as being a significant refresh, but wasn't it mostly just bumping the specs and putting them in a new case too? This one is no different except it is for an entry-level range just like you had the wildfire going to the wildfire s a year later, not every phone is just about the high-end of the market after all.

4. Richard 120

Oh well

I have been looking at new phones as my contract is up, I don't actually need to pay for any more features, the only thing I'd want to change about my current blackberry curve is that I'd prefer a faster processor, and as a nice to have GPS wouldn't go amiss.

Otherwise I'd have no desire to get a different phone at all. I don't play games on the phone, I take calls, look at emails, keep up with sports scores, maybe a little browsing of the interwebs and use BBM to keep in touch with some friends.

Cameras on phones I don't consider to have much purpose, I've had a camera on my phone for years and used it maybe twice, other times when I want to take photographs I use a camera guaranteed to give better results.

It's a shame that this is designed to address, “users’ desire to have a fashion accessory”, I have no desire to have a fashion accessory, hence I can no longer look at getting this phone.

5. Bassey

It's a Blackberry

“beauty, approachability and style at its heart”

Weird. It looks like a Blackberry to me. Nothing wrong with that. Just not something I would ever describe as beautiful or stylish.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

eh apple wot?

Er,... Apple hotness.... Android whatever...

Blackberry were and still are the most convenient "enterprise class" phone for those who use email, calendars, tasks, projects, events as a form of communication.

You obviously are blinded by apples "Ohh Ohh! Shiny!" syndrome. If you are seriously trying to compare what is essentially a "serious comms" phone to an all rounder like the iphone or android smart phones, then you are as stupid as your comment.

Let me educate your dumb ass.

A Truck is a motor vehicle but is not a Car.

A Car is a motor vehicle but is not a Truck.

They provide some common features, but they have different roles.

If you can understand the above then common sense should lead you to the realisation that a Blackberry "does not want to be an iPhone" and trying to use it like one or compare it is just outright stupid.

I use and support end users on ALL phones on ALL platforms.

I can tell you with out a doubt that Blackberry are the best phone when it comes to business class phones both for comms and for integration and security.

I like iPhones (I hate iSheep bleating about tech they barely understand)

I like Android

I have no bias.

7. Tullibardine

Curvy

I own the BB curve 9300, best phone I have ever used. The reason is mainly due to ergonomics, as soon as I picked it up every function I wanted was automatic and obvious. Yet to open the manual. Cost 120 euro PAYG, I top up about 20 quid a month and thats only due to the other halfs txt fetish.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like