back to article Anonymous/LulzSec chick-lit MP kid threat pooh-poohed

Chick-lit authoress and politician Louise Mensch, somewhat famed for being fired from EMI due to "inappropriate dress" and copping to possible drug use and bad dancing in her salad days, says that hacktivists from Anonymous and/or LulzSec have threatened her children by email. The Tory MP, who has penned various lighthearted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Anything for some publicity

This particular MP is very publicity hungry - and I suspect this is part of her campaign to get noticed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The trouble is...

Anon doesn't like frame-up attempts. She may get more than just publicity.

Stupid cow.

2. AndyS
      Thumb Up

title.

Wow, fair bit of hate around for this woman. From what I've heard of her, she seems refreshingly honest. Which you you prefer - a straight "yeah, that was me," or the weasel mouthed "but I didn't inhale" type of answer we've come to expect from politicians? Sticking the answer out in public may seem like publicity hunting, or it may be a very effective way of castrating the "journalist" trying to corner her.

1. Daniel 4
        Mushroom

She deserves the hate for what she has done to her kids

"Which you you prefer - a straight "yeah, that was me," or the weasel mouthed "but I didn't inhale" type of answer we've come to expect from politicians? Sticking the answer out in public may seem like publicity hunting, or it may be a very effective way of castrating the "journalist" trying to corner her."

We must have read different articles, because what I saw was a politician who didn't have a clue about her subject matter invite the worst of the Internet to harass her children even more for purposes of sensationalism. Personally, I was disgusted. And before I get downvoted into oblivion, maybe everyone would like to remember how well it turned out the last time a parent got on the net and made an ass of himself telling people to leave his daughter alone - both he and she were Internet stars, as I recall - though not nice ones

No, she should have handed this over to the police and been done with it.

-d

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

She is

a politician, ffs. A Tory one at that. And one who comes over as an absolute arse when she's on Have I Got News For You.

2. Elmer Phud
    Meh

Not so special after all

Did she not stop and think for a minute?

My first thoughts were 'highly unlikely', they'd have got at her Twitter account instead.

Still, if someone is being silly and trying to set up Anon or Lulz then they may well be easy to trace.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

is this a title?

Not surprising she didn't work out it's a hoax. This is the same MP, one of the great, wise and worthy individuals elected by the British people to steer the ship of state through the choppy waters of the sea of life, who is so computer-literate that she called for Twitter and Facebook to be shut down during periods of civil disturbance. I'm amazed she managed to even send a tweet - she obviously hasn't the first idea about how the tubes that make up the interwebs fit together.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Like all MPs...

...she will think that Twitter et al are fine so as long as the correct things are said. And the "correct things" are anything said by someone of the proper class or political party.

Mere proles should pay attention and learn from their betters.

It is by control of what we can say and how we can say it that the state will maintain control, which is why they fear the Internet and "social media". We might be getting away with it for now, but like China/Syria/Turkey et al the signs are that our time will come.

4. Arctic fox
    Thumb Down

Total airhead, bimbo or whatever.

Surprising she is capable of *thinking* without moving her lips let alone reading.

5. kissingthecarpet
    Facepalm

Even Piers Morgan/Moron

managed to make her look stupid, because she seems to do zero research before making statements

6. The Flying Dutchman
    Devil

Sez the Grauniad:

... "Mensch, who wrote *popular fiction* before entering the Commons..."

Guess she still does.

7. Christopher E. Stith
    Facepalm

Who do they think "Anonymous" really is?

Anonymous as a group came up from the chan scene. It started as an in-joke as most posts are attributed anonymously. There's no membership card, no roster, and no party platform. That one or two "members" of what's barely an association of individuals might threaten violence is not a mystery.

These people have done everything from breaking into the computer networks of major nations to organizing groups of people to reportedly call a particular GameStop video games store and ask for a copy of the game Battletoads.

If one has a strong stomach and no fear of what is in one's browsing history and cache, one could take a look at http://boards.4chan.org/b/ and see the humble beginnings of the movement.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

Rules 1 & 2, Christopher,

Rules 1& 2...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The point is that they don't know who it is...

like the war on Terror, the war on Drugs etc .. it allows for un-challenged rhetoric because any challenge is met with "think of the children" .

MPs - waste of space and more importantly tax payers money.... get a decent AI in to run the lot, even Matrix style machine overlords would be better than the ignorance our current leaders demonstrate.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Taunting Anonymous...

...worked out so well for that ACS: Law guy.

9. ChrisInAStrangeLand
    Trollface

Anonymous... don't you dare piss those guys off.

This woman's kids are going to be getting so much pizza and chinese takeout over the next week it's not even funny.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

yes...

...This woman's kids are going to be getting so much pizza and chinese takeout over the next week it's not even funny.....

Yup school holidays are on and the childish pranks are in full flow.

As for 4chan/b/ yup everything you'd expect from pubescant kids and 50 year old men into pubescant kids. Some say anarchic and rebelious, others say, seen and heard it all before.

1. The First Dave

untitled

"school holidays are on" - no, the kids round here went back on Wednesday.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

I don't know who did it

However, IT WAS THEM !!!!

11. BrendHart

She seems OK to me.

I like a bit of honesty in my politicians, and some fiestyness as well. Seems she has both.

1. Daniel 4

How do people keep seeing this woman as honest?

She's not honest, she's an-ex music biz employee who obviously cares more about her career than her kids. I wouldn't trust her to manage a paper route, much less hold public office.

I'll give you feisty, though.

-d

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Honest?

How can she be honest if she made stuff up to make Piers Moron look bad, and did it so appaling that even the aforesaid Moron could make her look stupid with it?

13. /\/\j17

Natural Home

[EMI fired me for] "Leaving work early" and "missing the odd day at work" along with "inappropriate dress".

I don't know about inappropriate dress but the other two sound like standard practice for an MP...

14. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Wow!

What kind of dress for a record company PR girl would be so inappropriate that it would result in dismissal? The mind boggles! Pictures or it didn't happen ;-)

1. Darren Barratt
      Thumb Up

Tory girl

Twinset and pearls, obviously.

15. Tessaaa
    Boffin

Don't believe a word

She's a publicity hungry MP - you can't believe a word. Should be vanned for wasting police time.

1. ducatis'r us

They got him! possibly

So, a 59 year old man from Gloucester is arrested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14691767

Not the typical LulzSec/Anonymous profile!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like