back to article Doohan's last landing party missing in mountains

The cremated remains of Star Trek actor James Doohan are missing in the New Mexico mountains along with those of another 200 people, including NASA astronaut Gordon Cooper. They had been sent as part of a memorial package, in which relatives send small samples of their loved ones' ashes into sub-orbital space. The samples are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ross Fleming

Stacked against them

Wish them well in recovering the landing party. I think it's safe to say that they're hampered by the terrain and the possibility of falling due to gravity. After all, they cannae change the laws of physics...

2. David Dylan

The terrain is interfering with the tricorders

...says it all, really.

3. c price

Wouldn't want to be ....

...the anonymous looking security guard at the back of the search party...

4. Rose

Gotta be careful

I hope no-one in the search party is wearing a red jumper...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The curse of the lone red shirt

Always the way - you send a landing party out with one bloke in a (metaphysical in this case) red shirt, and you can guarantee there will be trouble.

Presumably Spock is scanning the area with his "what the butler saw" machine for the remains.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should have used old technology...

... as featured in the film "Ice Station Zebra"... you know, where they had little hand-held devices to lead them straight to the lost satellite capsule.

And it has just struck me... that film was very like numerous Star Trek episodes... [awful pun alert]...

They were looking for evidence of a "lost civil ice station..." :-)

7. Greg Dolph

He's dead Jim!

All the water in his body is gone!

8. Brian Milner

Local knowledge needed

"I know these mountains like the back of my ..." *BONK*

9. Michael

Bah!

Damned cloaking devices!!

This topic is closed for new posts.