back to article ITU asks world youth, geeks for great tech ideas

As part of its revamp, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) is asking yoof and geeks to submit world-changing ideas, 60 of which will earn their entrants a trip to Geneva to pitch them to "industry leaders". The competition is open to two groups: youths aged between 18 and 25, and geeks (who must be partnered with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Social Network for old people?

I guess this would be pretty much the exact opposite of FaceBook.

Something that forgets everything for you, whether you want it to or not.....

1. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Happy

@TeeCee

"Something that forgets everything for you, whether you want it to or not....."

I was going to say, sounds like my old man but the more I think about my own age it's starting to sound like me!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Why not us fogeys?

I've an idea that fits their criteria but I'm neither under 25 nor acting for (or responding to) a breif from a NGO.

I see this all too often in "local affairs" as well.

Thoroughly sick of it.

Evidently maturity is not respected outside of (predominantly) Asian cultures

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

how about

a social network that randomly swaps people's identities around. You log in one day and are presented with a completely different set of contacts and events. Maybe you log in and for a day as Michael Winner. How many times would you say "calm down dear, I'm only touching myself". Over 9000. If we're gunna share each other's data anyway, let's at least have some goddamn fun.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

depositary

What's one of those?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

An e-book depository?

Will they include an e-grassy knoll?

This topic is closed for new posts.