back to article Anonymous and TeaMp0isoN promise songs but no Facebook hack

Politically motivated hacking crew TeaMp0isoN has teamed up with Anonymous in an attempt to storm the music charts. The hacktivists fancy themselves as music moguls with plans to release a song by an unspecified artist that they are nonetheless convinced is bound to storm the charts. Proceeds of the unknown song – due to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only the music industry can thwart this digital activism,

Or alternatively the punters who actually buy the competing tracks in question.

2. ppp.an
    Paris Hilton

gotta laugh

"radio stations will by law, have to play it. Will they thwart the law to continue making sheep out of the people? "

Radio playlists are no governed by law. These people have a very distorted view of the world. I wish they would grow up and start taking drugs like the rest of us. I won't buy it.

Lest us forget the irony of them claiming the law should play their party tune, when they are willing to break the law. Have to love the cheek of it.

Paris, because she would not be seen dead with a bunch of pubescent basement dwellers, but she may be content to sell them some slinky lingerie and television series on DVD.

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Facepalm

OMFG!

"The beat has been sorted and the artist is writing the song as we speak....."

And they're planning to blame the music industry if it proves as popular as curried shit flavour ice-cream????

Hey guys, save yourselves some effort and just go back to the more usual position of just blaming the music industry for everything anyway.

4. alexh2o
    FAIL

Fail...

No doubt this will fail as charts are determined by "sales"... and Im willing to wager that the majority of those interested in this have many means of obtaining said song without spending a penny!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

That's not necessarily true. In the Netherlands, a group of people produced a purposely shitty track, called "I wanna be a one day fly". The idea was that through marketing, this would become number one for one week in the Top 40 hitlists.

It worked, but their marketing was so good that it stayed there for several weeks. You couldn't actually call it music and nobody bought it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

If no bought it...

....how did it get in the Top 40?

ah, according to w*******a, its based on airplay as well as sales.

5. Anonymous Coward 101
    WTF?

A wind up?

This idea is ludicrous on the face of it. If it is for real then I can only ponder what the song will be about. Do they think it will awaken us 'sheeple' from our slumber so we will join with the rioters in revolutionary zeal (unless the weather is shit)?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

ATR ?

I thought Anonymous already had a soundtrack in the form of the latest Atari Teenage Riot album ?

(esp the songs Black Flag and Codebreaker)

(nuke icon, to best describe the sound.)

7. Dave Murray

radio stations will by law, have to play it

LOL such a strange view of the world and the law these people have. No wonder they think their hacking is not illegal because theyre demonstrating activists.

1. Sir Cosmo Bonsor

Agreed, reminds me

of the plonkers who think that if enough people claim to be a "jedi" the government are forced to put it on the next census.

1. JimC

> claim to be a Jedi

Dunno about plonkers: I thought that was a nice and harmless satire on the whole game of census/ politically correct thinking and ever expanding government demands for information...

1. Jerome 0

Harmless

Not entirely harmless, as it reduced the number of people that could be counted as atheist, thereby potentially giving more power to the religious lobby.

1. MonkeyBot

Religious Lobby

The Jedis get counted as "no religion" so it won't make any difference.

8. david 63

Looks like the may have followed up on the FB hack...

...I'm seeing a lot of 'we can't write to our database messages in the last 15 minutes.

Or is it a coincidence?

9. Sketch
    FAIL

Correct me if I’m wrong...

But Torrents don’t count in the sales charts.

Now let me just work through the logic of this one, a group of people who believe that they shouldn’t have to pay for music are championing their cause by….. asking people to pay for music..

10. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Anon Board?

I thought no-one was in charge, at least not in a massive way?

Now they have a 'board' (or does this just mean 4chan?) - what's next, CEO, VPs, an AGM and shares?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Soon go quiet

School terms start in about 2-3 weeks over mosty of Europe and the US, so it will all go quiet again soon, Then they will all have to go back to doing something to justify their parents paying for their kit, leccy and ISP bills or turf them out to get real jobs!

12. Oninoshiko

I thought anonymous had no leadership...

Wasn't that the point? Anonymous holds no opinion and all opinions. They are always both for and against everything. They both do everything and do nothing. They cannot be fractured, for they are the essence of fracture. They are, by their own definition ("We are Leigon") the essence of mob-mentality... only they are not just one mob, but many.

1. PsychicMonkey
      Alien

I am Legion

for we are many

13. Anon

But...

What if it actually is a good song?

14. Zippy the Pinhead

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Once it hits the charts it has to be played by law? haha.. seriously? No it doesn't! It's freedom of choice.

15. Zippy the Pinhead

@Anon 16:01

What if it actually is a good song?

Then pirate it! lol

16. James Condron

Deja Vu

Didn't CDC do this years and years and *so on ago?

Its been done kiddies, go outside and play with a ball, maybe meet some other kids.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cool...

Now here is a song that I would download from the torrents, I won't listen to it because I'm not interested in it and it's inconceivable that I would have bought it, so they won't have lost anything and have no right to be annoyed. Anyway, they'll make more money from gigging and that money goes straight to the artist.

Or so their argument goes, doesn't it?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

True face revealed?

And now we're down to blackmail and extortion. How surprising indeed; "do what we say, or else".

The benefits go to charity eh? Let me guess; we'll only have to take their word for it; "or else".

Can we now stop giving these kiddies a platform? I mean; a real artist will also need to convince people to play their song on their own...

Or is this also "different" now; media needs to cover this "or else"...

Yeah, /very/ reliable looking bunch indeed.

OFFICER!

19. Anonymous Watcher

Brazil Documents Leak

The Brazil documents leak is an Anonymous Brazil operation and the documents have been handed over to www.presstorm.com for detailed articles to be written about.

Just thought I would add that little extra information for you.

20. Ben Rosenthal
    FAIL

Look at meeeee

http://youtu.be/A_d_K1ZlqyI

21. Scorchio!!

Hmm

Don't they have acne to control FGS?

22. Petrea Mitchell
    Trollface

Could work out well...

...or there could be a reason the words "Snakes on a Plane" keep occurring to me when I think about this.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like