back to article Gordon Ramsay sues father-in-law over alleged spyware plot

Sweary celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is suing members of his wife's family, alleging they used malware to gain illicit access to his business and personal email accounts. Among other accusations against his wife's family filed in a 42-page court document with the High Court in London, he accuses Chris Hutcheson – father of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

Aha, an untapped rich vein of new material for comedians.

Father-in-law gags....

2. Code Monkey

Yes Gordon

And they're listening via your fillings while you make stool.

Normally an Alan Partridge-style breakdown like this should inspire some sympathy but that's just tough titty Ramsey you obnoxious wankstain..

1. iamzippy
      Thumb Up

Yay! Gordon Is A Moron: FACT

I especially liked the phrase 'The complicated private life of Hutcheson...'

You crack me up, CM.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Spylogging...

What is that, exactly?

1. nsld
      Coat

perhaps

James Bond taking a dump?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Just think...

...about the stream of bad language he must have uttered when he found out!

1. Lance 3

Court

Imagine him in court.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

"How the rich do carry on." Morse

6. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Thought Gordon Ramsay was broke..Maybe the reason.

But if I worked in his "Hell's Kitchen" and he started yelling and swearing the bollox off me, I might suggest quietly he doesn't do it while I'm holding a fuc*king sharp meat cleaver.

(But, he's a bloody good chef. I've learnet a lot from him. bbcgoodfood.com is a daily visit.)

1. kain preacher

@Andus McCoatover

Well he did piss one guy off while he was holding a knife. The guy threaten to cut gordon .

2. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
      Happy

Reminds me of the Armstron and Miller sketch

Where the kitchen staff kill and cook the 'sweary chef'

7. Efros

Couldn't

have happened to a nicer bloke. I would pay money to see some poor bastard on one of his shows deck him.

1. Andus McCoatover
      Windows

Heh. Chair falling off time again.

See my post above "Thought Gordon Ramsay was broke..."

I'm with you on that. Someone's going to give him a 'Stiff Upper Lip' if he doesn't tone down his rhetoric soon. I don't understand these 'primadonnas'

But, as I said before, he's an excellent chef. I've made loads of the recipes he's created. Maybe it's just playing for the cameras?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

You fail to see the public health aspect

I'd rather have someone deck Nigella, Worall or Delia. Their stuff is health hazard. A few Christmases back while I was cooking my "trademark" duck oriental style, my wife (who does not cook) dragged me in front of the TV to see the Nigella recipe. I almost got a heart stroke and indigestion just from watching it.

So while I cannot stand Gordon, I have to admit - he actually can cook something that is more or less edible. He has become what he is not just by swearing, but based on some merit as well. That is cooking merit by the way, not "licking your fingers suggestively" merit :)

It also shows that spearfishing is no longer the realm of big corps and three letter. Hacking your boss (or hiring someone to do so) or business partner has become a standard "business method" especially in non-IT circles.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Unhappy

Agreed

I was watching a nigella chicken roast while flicking through channels.

Nigella : My children don't like my cooking! I wonder why.

Nigella carves the roast chicken she has just taken out of the oven. Partially cooked chicken blood flows down pink...

I wonder why Nigella, maybe they remember the last bout of salmonella?

8. Mark 65

Password was guessed

I believe his password was easily guessed as "fuckshitebollocks"

9. JDX Gold badge

@elfros

That's because you're a small, bitter, jealous excuse of a man.

10. Graham Bartlett

Gets justifiably angry though

Never used to watch his stuff bcos of all the publicity. Then I happened to catch a couple of his "rescuing a failing restaurant" shows, and I kind of changed my mind. It looks like the reason he gets so angry and abusive is that he truly believes in putting good food in front of customers, and if you're not producing good food then you should fuck off out of the kitchen and let someone else do it. I saw him being great with junior staff - definitely a take-no-prisoners attitude to mistakes, but also highly supportive for people getting it right.

What really seems to piss him off is people thinking they're great and then screwing up, or worse, assuming that customers will put up with a sub-standard product. He seems to tolerate mistakes, so long as you acknowledge you made a mistake and learn from it. Mistakes when you're bigging yourself up are something else; and an attitude that getting things wrong in front of the customer is no big deal is definitely a no-no.

1. Mike Flugennock

excellent points, Graham...

While I watch absolutely zero "reality" TV -- or near-zero TV at all, for that matter -- I have to confess to peeking in to catch a bit of Ramsay's "Restaurant Nightmares" (or whatever the hell it's called) when my wife has it on, only because after all those haughty, self-serious, snooty "Top Chef" shows, it's refreshing to see a no-shit-taking, trash-talking guy like Gordon Ramsay march into some restaurant which is obviously circling the drain -- but whose owners think they're God's gift -- and totally throwing the place to the wall, telling the owners to their faces what incompetent knuckleheads they are, jerking idiot chefs into line. I also like how he goes after stuff like sanitation issues -- he once saw rats scurring happily around the basement of one place, and closed it down immediately -- and bad decor (he hated the decor in one restaurant so much that he had all the old furniture and other items piled up in the yard in front of the place and burned on-camera).

As far as all the publicity goes, Ramsay's off-camera escapades get pretty much zero coverage here in the States, where all we see of him is on Food Network or BBC America, putting the screws to idiot restaurant owners. As I understand it now, the guy's a bit of a dick off-camera -- though he doesn't hold a candle to Jeremy Clarkson, imho -- but I really do dig watching him jerking failing restaurants into line.

1. Andus McCoatover
        Windows

Reluctantly agree.

I hate "Hell's Kitchen" where Ramsay acts like a primadonna on steroids, but his rescue of failing restaurants is indeed inspiring. Shows what can be done, given the right mind and hands.

11. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    Mushroom

Couldn't happen to a nicer man

Not sure who is more deserving of contempt, the crooked father in law, or the arsehole who makes his own children call him 'Chef' to plump up his ego.

12. andy 45

@Elfros

Which part of your comment is sarcasm?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like