back to article PS Vita due in 2012 says Sony

Sony has disappointed millions of eager gamers by announcing the PlayStation Vita will not be available in Europe or the US in 2011. Sony exec Kazuo Hirai broke the news earlier, saying while the anticipated handheld will still launch in Japan before the end of December, the western markets will miss out, Bloomberg reports. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Greg J Preece

Not surprised

Given that this is *exactly* what they said when the Vita was announced. All the other dates were speculated by people other than Sony. Wishful thinking doesn't pull release dates forward.

2. Goffee
    Unhappy

Dagnabbit and curses

Was looking forward to one for Christmas, the move doesn't make masses of sense either. PSP is still going strong in Japan with a big list of games still to come, but the PSP won't make a dent in most westerner's shopping lists and there are next to no games coming.

Release in the west to counter the 3DS and then in Japan when the PSP tails off would be more logical, but hey home turf and all!

PSP/PSV news - http://psp2roundup.blogspot.com/

3. Ilsa Loving
    Trollface

Awww

And I was so looking forward to the next exciting episode of "How Sony Screws Their Customers"

4. Wanda Lust
    WTF?

Nearly Nokia

Pre-announcing a product by more than a year? It's a wonder they'd sell any PSPs at all between now and whenever.

5. Mart 2
    Holmes

We've been here before...

Do you remember the white PSP launching is Japan first?

I, along with thousands others got them imported, this is going to happen again I suspect.

Sherlock because we should have known Sony would screw us as usual

6. SpaMster
    Trollface

understandable

Looks like they can take there time now the 3DS sales have halved since nintendos price cut. Things arnt looking good for nintendo at all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like