back to article 'Topiary' suspect bailed

The Scottish teenager accused of involvement in LulzSec and Anonymous attacks has been freed on bail. Eighteen-year-old Jake Davis appeared at Horseferry Road Magistrates Court today. He will have to wear an electronic tag to enforce a nighttime curfew and stay at his mother's house in central England, AP reports. He may not …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

PLC

Having read the earlier story on the (lack of) security in prison access hardware there probably wasn't a lot of point in locking him up, if he's supposed to be Lulzsec member - I'm sure they be up for a bit of mischief in that line.

The fact he didn't manage to release himself before being bailed might be evidence he isn't the real Topiary. :-)

1. Peter2 Silver badge

Actually, I think it would be safe enough.

He wouldn't be able to run pre made scripts against it.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Zippy the Pinhead
    Facepalm

hahaha.. I love this

"enforce a nighttime curfew and stay at his mother's house"

Wow could this be anymore stereotypical?

4. zen1

"Serious Organised Crime Agency"?

opposed to 'funny organised crime agency', or 'mildly annoyed and organised crime agency'? But house arrest? What if he's convicted, a spanking, followed by no sweets?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Organized?

I've often wondered about organized crime. If we have an agency that deals exlusively in organized crime does that mean all the crime dealt with by the rest of the police is disorganized?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Careful, mister.

I'm hoachin with the Aspergers.

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    Boffin

Balls!

Are these tag thingies programable I wonder....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Registerfail

"Yes, but it's like car insurance, write your car off and you get compensation for what it would cost to buy a replacement car but it never really does so, it's always a few hundred short, and you'll never get back the time or money spent phoning around chasing these things, or the days off work to deal with them. You always lose out."

Well I had my car written off last year. The insurers paid me £4,000 minus my excess as they said that a replacement would cost £4K. I had actually paid less than that for the car a year earlier and managed to by a replacement for just short of £3K. So no matter how you look at it I did OK out of the deal.

A friend was recently offered £800 for his car with the excess already discounted. Or as an alternative £650 and he could keep the car and repair it himself. That was basically the £800 minus the nominal £150 scrap value of the car. That was a damn good deal as he basically needed a replacement front bumper and headlight which he got used for nuts.

So I think what you have there is a very bad analogy.

Insurers often pay out above the odds because it's easier and cheaper than paying for a courtesy car while the dispute rolls on.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like