back to article Scottish TV news pumps goatse link

Viewers of Scottish TV news were treated to a close-up of a link to internet super-meme goatse in yesterday's lunchtime bulletin. An eagle-eyed Reg reader spotted the gaffe and alerted Vulture Towers. Telly reporters routinely struggle for images to witter over while covering tech stories: a situation made worse when covering …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Guido Esperanto
    Thumb Up

/title

never underestimate the comedy quality of subjecting innocent (over 18 obviously) minds to some of the sordid humours of the internet.

goatse, lemonparty, 2girls1cup.

There are more, but the reaction can only be described as a bucket of cold water effect.

2. Arrrggghh-otron

For the Lulz

There are some things you can't take back... some things you wish you had never seen...

Goatse

Tubgirl

Lemonparty

etc

etc

Really good advise, if you've never seen them, you probably don't want to. If you have, you probably wish you hadn't...

1. Danny 14
      Thumb Up

indeed

the classic example of "you cannot unsee something"

2. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

I don't know

Goatse isn't so bad - Kirk Johnson's blown out anus is a common sight across the internet. Honestly, as far as "shock pics" go, it's not terrible.

Tubgirl is just unpleasant, but yes, Lemonparty is where you've got me. Nobody wants to see that.

3. MnM

Still haven't popped my goatse cherry

Lemonparty sounds nice though

3. jonathanb Silver badge

LeEt SpEeK cOnFuSiOn?

Did sky news think that Lulz was luiz written in script kiddie style leet speek?

1. TRT Silver badge
      FAIL

I reckon

that the back projected screen behind them is just really poor, and the L looked a bit like an i.

Minus several million for not doing the research though. Just goes to show that presenters are NOT reporters.

4. billranton
    Angel

Goatse for Sport

I used to keep copies of goatse, tubgirl and lemonparty on my phone to 'surprise' obnoxious celebrities with. My proudest catch was Noel Fielding. I stopped doing it because I realized it arguably qualified as assault.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I am inspired

This is the best idea I've heard all day. Admittedly, I've spent the morning on the phone to Symantec Support, so good ideas have been in somewhat short supply, but still.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Illegal in UK now?

Isn't goatse one of the things which would be criminalised under s.63 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008

1. Anonymous Coward
      Alert

Well, maybe...

"One guy one jar" certainly would.

6. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Happy

Can't unhear

Now I will forever read it as the LouiseBoat.

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Holmes

What the eyes have seen

Cannot be unseen

1. proto-robbie
      Pirate

Except...

...when you get to my age, and forget what you were doing two minutes ago.

I don't suppose anyone knows where these false teeth came from?

8. LazLong

Goatse.cx?

I watched there video twice, on my phone and didn't catch the eye opener. Did they cut it? Or am I a victim of a small screen?

1. kissingthecarpet
      FAIL

They're is a preview button

Look, their it is, they're.

9. smallfry
    Facepalm

Intelligent commentary

"Some hacking thing"

Is this the best the Sky "commentator" could come up with?

1. oddie
      Thumb Up

the other guy

I was impressed by the other 'security' guy who kept asking what the louise boat was... it's a rare breed of professional who when confronted by something they don't know what is admits to it and wants to know what it is... unlike the other howlermonkey who proudly asserted that the louise boat was 'a hacker thing' and then spouted nonsense about how this hacking thing was just not on.

Kudos to the 1 professional one out of 3.

10. Richard Jukes

heh

Im still advocating the use of bluewaffle.net on all condoms. It would certainly ram the message home.

1. Conrad Longmore

JLS

I saw some condoms with JLS on them in Boots the other day. Isn't that the same thing?

2. Richard Wharram
      Thumb Down

You *%"*&^%

I'd pretty much forgotten the waffle. I shan't eat tonight now thanks :(

11. kain preacher

oh gawd

2 girls one cup. I got tricked with that one. Not even going to look up lemon party.

1. lpopman
      Coat

titular advisement

As the Viz Profanisaurus defines it:

Lemonparty (n): Something you probably don't want to type into Google image search with the safe search filter disabled.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Windows

Lemonparty

Personally I think that's the least offensive of the bunch. I just hope I'm having as much fun at that age. I'm not saying I want to be in a a gay threesome in particular mind you, but something equally fun.

12. Xris M
    FAIL

Love it!

For the Luiz!

13. Elex
    Meh

As fun as it sounds...

I'm guessing that no people were exposed to a goatse as a result of that link appearing on the screen for a moment.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

dear register

I find your sub headline deeply offensive. Great way to alienate readers in the north.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What?

Both of you?

15. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge
    Facepalm

Eye opening?

Not THAT eye!

This topic is closed for new posts.