back to article Ex-China Mobile exec gets suspended sentence of death

The former deputy general manager of China's largest mobile carrier China Mobile – Zhang Chunjiang – has been sentenced to death with a two-year suspension after he was found guilty of taking bribes. The Intermediate People's Court of Cangzhou also ordered the confiscation of Zhang's personal assets and stripped him of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ralthor
    Trollface

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

As a general rule I am averse to the death penalty as its quite difficult to resurrect a falsely convicted person after the fact. However, and its a big however, I believe I could be talked around to the point of view that the death penalty for corrupt politicians/business moguls is a good thing.

1. LaeMing
      Go

I've said it before....

Any country that executes politicians can't be /all/ bad!

2. Iain Watson
    Mushroom

Seems like a good idea

Is it just me or does it seem like it would be a good idea to send a certain few media types over to china to discus their bribery tactics?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

And yet

The bankers who blew the entire world economy up, the politicians who made it possible and the media moguls who could have blown the whistle but chose not to all get to live and be free.

Somewhere between the Chinese "kill 'em all" approach and the capitalist "let 'em off" approach, there's a happy medium where the greedy and corrupt do get what's coming to them.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

Burn him already

Just hang the sob and be done with it. Hanging should be a deterrent to the cheating btards.

This topic is closed for new posts.