back to article Everything Everywhere boss jacks it in

Tom Alexander, the boss of Everything Everywhere, has left the company for personal reasons. Staff were told this morning – at the same time that a press release was sent out. CEO Tom Alexander leaves on 31 August and Olaf Swantee takes over on 1 September. Swantee currently runs France Telecom's European operations, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Everything Everywhere

Soon to join something else, somewhere else.

Is that my coat? I'm sorry, I'll leave.

1. Rebajas
      Coat

Surely...

If Everything Everywhere is everything everywhere, then surely there is nothing else, anywhere?

Err, hold the door open will ya ;)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

NotW?

> He said there was never an easy time to leave a company but ...

Especially when it has nothing whatever to do with phone hacking, no sir, nothing at all...

1. Ally J
      Facepalm

It might be that very reason

Imagine the horror - every celeb 'hacked' by News International turns out to have been on *other* networks.

1. BorkedAgain
        Facepalm

@Ally

Actually, that'd be a bit of a coup wouldn't it? It might imply that the other networks were fundamentally less secure than EE's...

Unlikely, though. Just saying.

1. Anonymous Coward
          WTF?

Less secure?

The phones have been hacked by guessing the voice mail PIN numbers....

As far as I'm aware, all of the mainstream mobile phone providers use a PIN for security and publish the default.

Any suggestions on how they can be "more" secure?

1. Chris 3

How about...

... by forcing PIN change on first use?

3. Jemma

Good riddance

/thats all.

4. Nathan 13
    Facepalm

OT but

"Everything Everywhere" is the worst company name I have ever heard of. It is truly awful and cringe-worthy.

1. Josco

More Than >

That has to be a contender too. More Than what? When it comes to insurance it should be called How Much?

1. bluesxman
        WTF?

RE: More Than >

In my case it meant (considerably) "More Than" Admiral ultimately charged me for my car insurance. By about £900. For third party only vs fully comp. WT, and furthermore, F?

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Personal reasons.

What, as in; "Personally I can't stand working for these tossers any longer."?

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Possiby, After

He's been on hold for 3 hours waiting for a CS rep who might have english as at least a 5th language to ask for a PAC code so he can transfer his number

7. MountfordD

I love this

"Swantee currently runs France Telecom's European operations, excluding France."

Hmmm... so he's going to be in charge of Everything Everywhere, excluding everywhere or is it excluding everything??

8. whaleboy7
    Unhappy

maybe the can all just go..

As a customer or Orange they should call themselves Nothing, Anywhere.

Even within London its coverage is cack. Between N5 and N1 I go through three holes in the network where there is no coverage at all.

Why they bother having the different networks is ridiculous and whilst you can use both networks non 3g networks, orange customers can't use T-mobiles 3G nework due to some technical issue that they don't know how to fix or how long it will take. but they do offer to find out, but then never ring you back with the answer...

Then there are the ever so great hold queues for customer services where you eventually end up talkign to ploite but ineffective agents in Asia.

Don't think I will be renewing

9. whaleboy7
    Unhappy

I'll be following him out the door as soon as I can

As a customer or Orange they should call themselves Nothing, Anywhere.

Even within London its coverage is cack. Between N5 and N1 I go through three holes in the network where there is no coverage at all.

Why they bother having the different networks is ridiculous and whilst you can use both networks non 3g networks, orange customers can't use T-mobiles 3G nework due to some technical issue that they don't know how to fix or how long it will take. but they do offer to find out, but then never ring you back with the answer...

Then there are the ever so great hold queues for customer services where you eventually end up talkign to ploite but ineffective agents in Asia.

Don't think I will be renewing

This topic is closed for new posts.