back to article Jabra Stone 2 Bluetooth headset

I've never been a fan of Bluetooth headsets, but Jabra's Stone 2 is one of the first I've tried that I'd consider using regularly. Jabra Stone 2 Jabra's Stone 2: the design is 'boomless'... For one thing, it's more discreet than many of its ilk. There's no big black block poking out of your ear, blue light flashing for all …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

Wear it without looking like a complete tool

That's quite a USP

2. Rob Haswell

Not quite a plantronics though

For 50 knicker you can get a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ which destroys this in comfort and clarity

1. gregkelly1985
      FAIL

You're totally correct!

However the Voyager Pro looks like every other ridiculously obvious Bluetooth headset!

I think you're missing the point of this product.

1. Rob Haswell

When is that applicable though

How often would you be wearing a headset in a situation where your appearance is an issue? I use mine in the office and in the car, neither of which are fashion shows. If I'm about town I just use my phone like everybody else. No-one's going to see you looking like a comfortable goon.

2. Neil 38

I'd rather people though I was wearing a headset...

.. than think I'm trying to look like I'm on Star Trek.

1. Danny 14
          Stop

indeed

i'd rather my headset work and be comfortable. Surely that is the point of them?

The main issue for me is being comfortable with glasses on.

3. Buzzword

Still waiting

Bluetooth headsets compatible with "HD voice" (a.k.a. wideband audio) are due out very soon. This one looks nice, but given that headsets generally last many years longer than phones, I think I'll wait for an HD set.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

El reg's scoring make no sense...

..it receives 75% score yet is recommended hardware. WTF?

1. Hardcastle the ancient
      WTF?

same title

Good rather than great, and gets 75% ?

5. Arthur Jackson
    Megaphone

Self conscious

Who will be the first manufacturer to produce a Bluetooth headset that is a direct copy of the NHS hearing aid design?

Nobody will think you a tool for wearing one and you can selectively ignore awkward questions !

6. david 63

I think...

...I could lose this under my flowing locks...

7. Dave Lawton

Without in-ear ?

I can't wear in-ear types (long story), but I would like something unobtrusive like this.

Any suggestions please ? (Sensible ones only :) )

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

This review leaves me with . . .

. . . many questions. Since every other review I have ever seen on this piece says they suck in many ways. Pretty, but sucks. How much did you get paid to write this?

9. Paratrooping Parrot
    Trollface

Bluetooth headsets

One thing I hate about Bluetooth headsets is that while you are walking, you will see people suddenly saying "Hello", then you turn round and see they are talking into space. I used to think there were people talking to themselves, until I heard about Bluetooth headsets,

This topic is closed for new posts.