back to article Call of Duty given ultimate Star Wars makeover

A group of modders have launched a Star Wars themed takeover for Call of Duty 4, giving gamers the chance to play Modern Warfare as an Imperial Stormtrooper or Rebel Alliance soldier. Galactic Warfare stitches elements from Star Wars, including locations, characters and weapons, with Modern Warfare's multiplayer gameplay. Have …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ryan 7

Stormtroopers too accurate

Need to spend more time at academy.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks good

But how long until Lucas sets the lawyers on them?

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pint

I sense ... a Cease and Desist Letter

Plus: Not bad but why the drunken running?

4. Stuart Gepp

How long before...

George Lucas demands his pound of flesh?

5. stucs201
    Facepalm

Are they sure...

...that referencing the Episode 1 trailer is going to give Star Wars fans much hope that this is any good?

6. b166er

Looks good

reminds me of Galactic Conquest (BF1942) and a little of First Strike (BF2142).

If it's anything like Galactic Conquest was, it'll be really playable with a good community. Here's hoping. 'I'm on your team smack-tard' FTW

7. Frostbite
    Thumb Up

One word

AWESOME!

8. Asgard
    Thumb Up

It looks amazing!

It never ceases to amaze me how much effort fans put into these kinds of projects. I hope LucasArts allows it. Lucasfilm have been extremely understanding to fans for most fan made Star Wars film productions so far, so I very much hope LucasArts will also allow this fan made production. But it does concern me that this fan made game directly treads onto LucasArts games business area. But then LucasArts can make a more professional looking product, but not by much more than this production. The fans have done a very good job of it. :)

I hope it gets official backing and perhaps even a publishing deal from LucasArts. :)

That's after all how Counter-Strike started as a mod to Half Life, but then Counter-Strike was an original idea whereas this is based on Star Wars which is obviously heavily trademarked.

The problem is, if LucasArts tried to publish the game, then they would suffer some complications with Activision's control of Call of Duty, as you just know a company like Activision would want a slice of the money as well (even though they would get more sales of Call of Duty in the process, so they would gain anyway).

I haven't got Call of Duty, but if they all allow this mod, then I would buy Call of Duty to play the mod. I very much hope they all allow it, especially after so much fan effort. :)

1. Arclight
      Unhappy

Doubt it

Unfortunately Lucasarts are a lot more protective of gaming rights. Most starwars mods I've seen have been killed at birth thanks to a quick mail from the lawyers.

9. LaeMing
    Thumb Up

I'm impressed!

I don't even like StarWars or FPSes and I am still impressed! Nice work those involved.

10. Bunker_Monkey
    Thumb Up

I wanna play :(

I wanna play :( Astounding effort!!!

Off down the shops for a copy of COD4

11. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

¿ǝɹqɐsʇɥbıן ou 'ʇnɥʍ

Very impressive. Can't be SW without lighsabres tho'

12. Daily Mail Reader
    Thumb Up

Snigger..

The sad fact is that this looks better than most Star Wars games of the last decade.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

CoD 4 MW

...is £9.99 on STEAM for a few more hours...

14. YARR
    Linux

Make it free

Shame there isn't an up to date Open Source OpenGL game engine they could have built this around instead.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like