back to article Lloyds aims 15,000 job cuts at IT and back office

LloydsTSB is cutting another 15,000 jobs but will not be shutting branches as part of its strategic review. The main targets will be back office staff, a press officer confirmed but was unable to give further details. It is not shutting branches except as part of Project Verde – the EU-mandated scheme to sell off 632 branches …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MJI Silver badge
    Stop

A firend is losing his job

Started in a small finance company which was bought ect ect

Been given the order of the boot by the overpaid boss

2. Anonymous IV
    Joke

Is the project title incorrect?

Surely it can't be Project Verde?

3. wonkotsane

EU is not Europe

The branch closure programme is EU-mandated, not "Europe mandated". The EU is not Europe.

4. Spongibrain

so 7,000 contractors are to be receive early termination

is that in addition to the 15,000 figure ?

5. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Terminator

I'm moving to Jeopardy ...

I hear there are lot's of jobs there . . . No wait, on second thoughts . . . make the Mumbai.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gissa Job

No, seriously .

Anon for obvious reasons.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Moved from the pile of poo

After many years as a loyal customer I did what they say not many people do and moved banks (people don't do this for good reason even with the new easy move schemes it is a pain in the arse).

Lloyds just keep piling fees on fees on fees onto everyday things and I had had enough.

Moved personal and business accounts as far away from them as possible. Bloody money grabbing gits.

Right sorry just had to get that off my chest.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Flame

Halifax

Halifax are'nt much better, whilst I feel for the workers loosing their jobs, I hope that the halifax and Lloyds burn.

Yours

A former Halifax customer

1. Anonymous Coward
        Childcatcher

Pin the blame on the Gordo.

It was his insane idea to save Scottish jobs with English money that did for Lloyds. It was in good shape. I've heard on the grapevine that Balls and Brown had the Lloyds board of directors in meetings for 24 hours straight, bullying them to take on HBOS. Make of that rumour what you will.

Just switched my account to Handelsbanken. Real service and a real bank manager who makes real decisions. What an absolute delight.

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Rogerborg

Might as well just call it "Bank of Bank"

What's the (actual) alternative now? Santander?

1. irish donkey
      Devil

Santander?

They just outright steal your money and then charge you for the privilege. They also have the worst customer rating of any bank in the country. They also bought Alliance & Leicester out an are well on their way to reform that bank in their own money grabbing image.

Thank goodness we bought the banks out and now have a nice competitive market with clearly defined differences between the all the banks

ohh wait that's right

Strikes. Hmmm are the two related?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lying liars

Lloyds is pulling out 15 countries just months after senior management explained that the reason IT jobs were being shipped off to India was to improve and expand the companies global presence.

What a bunch of lying cunts.

11. NoDosh
    Facepalm

Oh good

that's another contract I've bid for heading straight down the toilet.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like