back to article Police body defends controversial procurement deal

The National Policing Improvement Agency has defended its decision to force the Met in England and Wales to procure IT kit exclusively from the Sprint ii framework, citing cost savings in the two months since it was implemented. This will scupper any lingering hopes resellers had that the NPIA would backtrack on its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Is it me?

Wow

7 front line police officers for £150,000, now that is a deal. If this guy thinks that's how much a police officer costs, then that might explain his idea of a good deal. I reckon at that price my Village might want it's own Police force, £200 a household, bargin.

His statement indicates that this is a margin deal, probably based on a catalogue. I'll bet though it has no scope for large deal discounts, and probably undermines turnkey solution deals as well.

I can't see how SCC has any incentive to seek the best deal from the suppliers, open book just means they can see how much you buy for, and how much you sell for, and the overall costs of sale and margin.

2. Tom 38
    Mushroom

Lotus Notes renewals?!

No wonder our police are so angry all the time. I'd be beating the crap out of newspaper sellers if I still had to use Notes.

This topic is closed for new posts.