back to article eBayers offload eBay Xmas prezzie on eBay

You're got to admire the spirit of raw capitalism that drives the world's favourite tat bazaar, as exemplified by the case of the eBay promotional USB Xmas lights. A snap of the eBay Xmas lights eBay apparently recently handed out strings of illuminations, as seen here, to selected users, presumably as a way of thanking them …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul

tat bazaar

Now maikng its own tat. And those ARE tat.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

it's a gift lottery

regular ebay user for nearly 8 years with over 1000 100% positive feedback transactions under belt and nowt arrived on my doorstep, but my friend who's only been using it for a couple of years got one

hey I like light blinky led usb thingys too y'know!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

heh heh

i bet some ebay marketeer, who was so pleased with him/herself a few weeks/months back from thinking of these, is now crying into their latte.

4. Royce Smallbone

ebay fees

Those lights probably cost them next to nothing to source. Think of the fees ebay will make from all of those "loyal" customers when they sell them!

5. Darren Coleman
    Happy

Tit for tat

I got some this morning and I'm at best a very casual user (<100 feedback). If you want my set Anon Coward you're welcome to it for a small fee (+£29.99 delivery) ;)

6. Spleen

@AC re: heh heh

Why? They've got some media publicity in the crucial Christmas period, and all they've paid for it is the tiny amount in costs to make the things in Taiwan. And then they even get some of that back - if not all or more - from the fee they charge people to sell them!

Crying into their latte? With joy, maybe.

7. Hedley Phillips

RARE:

I love it when sellers use RARE: to describe an item that is in no way rare.

Like I'm going to be fooled into buyi oooh shiny, must bid now......

8. Morely Dotes
    Coat

Well, technically...

They are rare. In fact, I suspect they're completely uncooked.

9. Fred
    Happy

sweet!

ive done <20 items.. should be expecting mine inthe post then???? :D ill give it to the mutt to chew!

10. LaeMi Qian

I wouldn't want them for myself, but...

...as a gift: what a lovely way to say "You Ebay whore" ;-D

11. Simon Connolly
    Happy

So wonderful, I'm actually using them...

...I have them around the edge of my moniter. When they came I thought - WOW! free stuff!

Will be selling mine on eBay next year for people to get :D

@LaeMi - I know but I can't help me :P

12. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Some people

Bidding's already up to £7.50 on one auction, several are up to a fiver with hours to go. There's even some enterprising souls trying to get £25 BIN. Just proves you can sell anything if it has a USB connector.

13. Timbo
    Joke

Why a USB version ?

I'd be pleased to run them off a nice 3v battery cell...after I've strung them around my neck...Why not advertise the fact I'm an eBay whore....! (I've seen worse around some other people's necks !!)

I want an eBay tie next....complete with built-in LED flashers...and a little button that you press that makes the built-in speaker play that awful eBay tune (as heard on their adverts)....

14. kulibar tree
    Go

Area Man Ebays Ebay

Are you sure this isn't one of The Onion's cast-offs? It's got all the hallmarks of one of their stories!

Cheers.

This topic is closed for new posts.