back to article Foxconn staffer jailed for iPad IP theft

A Chinese court has convicted three Chinese citizens, one a Foxconn employee, for trade secret theft. Local companies released iPad 2 cases before the device had even been unveiled, and a Foxconn staffer was handed a jail sentence for handing over design secrets. It's unusual for a Chinese court to prosecute locals over IP …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bumpy Cat
    Devil

Changing economies

There's nothing surprising about this - as a nation develops economically, IP becomes a bigger industry and the country discovers the value of protecting it, instead of shamelessly copying. The US did it, Japan then South Korea did it; now it's China's turn.

2. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Apple said "copy our stuff"

And we'll shut down our big western tax paying production facility, move abroad to exploit someone else's cheap labour force and stop bribing UNICEF to turn a blind eye

3. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Sad

When contract law becomes criminal law.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Atypical

I suppose this case is "atypical" because they're putting him in jail rather than sending round the "disappearing" van.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Still in all....

Beats being thrown out the window like the last one...

1. Ramazan
      Mushroom

who cares

If Steve Jobs was big enough to drop an H-bomb on Foxconn, I'd gladly vote for him intead of any f.cking Ukrainian president BTW

6. David Gale

Everyone's at it...

It's not a question of whose turn it is. Everyone's still at it: http://www.tadag.com

7. Whodunnit?
    Childcatcher

I wonder If...

They ripped off the process to prosecute people who ripped people off.... Is there a bit of Zen in there?

8. Repo
    WTF?

China doing something about IP theft?

/falls over

9. Tom 13

I guess it is a bit more embarassing

when the fake beats the real thing to the market.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like