back to article Twin-screen LG smartphone spied

Check this bad boy out. Unearthed at an event in London this week, this mysterious LG handset features a slide-out Qwerty keyboard split in twain by a second display, seemingly used to launch apps. The yet-to-be announced LG device is branded with T-Mobile's logo and was demo'd among a selection of US-only handsets. LG dual- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Piloti
    Thumb Down

The blandness of Android.....

This just about sums up the problems facing handset makers now. All Android devices are pretty much the same now, there is very little to split them out. So this highlights the first of what will be many gimmicks to differentiate one dull handset from another.

A bit bloody pointless to be honest.

P.

2. LJRich

Wow a whole new form factor!

Amazing that in this day and age we see new form factors still coming. After the Motorola Atrix we have this!

Of course this is little more than a rip of of the Nintendo DS.

I'm slowly losing faith in humanity's ability to innovate...

3. cs94njw
    FAIL

Double the screen...

...double the battery drain :(

4. The Taft Hotel

The 'BAD' in bad boy stands out!

This really does look crap. Why bother?

As for most androids looking the same... I think this just a result of the core android product being so good to start with. The base android and feature set is so strong that is does not leave a huge amount of scope to add anything of real substance to the pot for manufactures. I can't see this as a fault of android, it is more of a indicator as to how well it has addressed its market.

5. Splatcat

Desperate

Not nearly as annoying as this growing habit of asking questions at the end of articles.

What does everybody else think?

6. PeterM42
    FAIL

LG = Lotta Grot

Twice as much to go wrong if previous LG handsets are anything to go by.

7. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

I actually don't mind it

Ever used ThumbKeyboard on an Android tablet? It splits the qwerty keyboard in this manner, which actually makes it easier to hold in both hands and type. I suspect the arrangement here is less about the second screen and more about the split keyboard.

8. kevin mulholland
    Coffee/keyboard

Looks like a n900 keyboard

Does that mean the rumours are true?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like