back to article Speck SeeThru MacBook Air cover

Daily Product reviews in 140 characters... Speck SeeThru Pictures Speck SeeThru Speck SeeThru Speck SeeThru Want our Txt Take on your gadget? Just send it in to Reg Hardware - details here. Speck SeeThru

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MGman
    Thumb Up

Not just cosmetic...

OK, it's not going to protect your Air if you drop it. But if you want something that will keep the aluminium shell pristine and not add much to the form factor/weight of the device then these do a very nice job.

I'm very happy with mine.

2. stu 4

actually...

I got a cheap 5 quid one off ebay for going on holiday.

while on hols I forgot to close my rucksack and it fell out onto the concrete pavement.

totally undamaged to my amazement.

stu

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missed opportunity

would it kill them to make some colours to match the toilet-seat iBook?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

What's the point?

It seems odd to me to buy a MacBook Air (with its stylised aluminium finish) and make it look plastic without offering any sort of real protection... I could be wrong though.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Actually, I love it

My MacBook has already discovered gravity, so this nicely camouflages the blemishes - and it also fixes the one problem I have with the MacBook - its colour (I prefer simple black) :-).

It also helps with the bottom heat of the MacBook Pro - if it needs to do some real work it can get quite warm, and this cover makes it lap compatible (if I was so inclined - I prefer to rest it on a table myself).

Bonus feature: with some foil I can kill that glowing Apple on the lid, or use the lit surface to show something else. At last a use for laser printer foils.. IMHO worth it.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

I have one...

on my mac book pro - keeps everything clean and nice, i would certainly recommend one after seeing what they can get like...

I have a clear one, since i like the aluminium colour - i cannot see the point of making it red, if i wanted a garish, cheap red plastic computer i would have bought a sony.

queue the fanbois and flames...

7. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Coat

cosmetic rather than practical

The mac, or the, er, mac for it?

8. ratfox
    WTF?

Sorry, what?

What is this? A review or an advertisement?

What is the point of a "review" that only displays pictures?

Had the old "dead reg" icon still been available, it would have accompanied this post.

9. Player_16

Needs colour.

Does it come in white?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you squint...

It almost looks like an Acer Aspire One.

Which, with some tweaking, can run OSX with dubious legality.

And has a colour already.

Save yerself a fiver.

11. cltwhite

Instead of colors get skins

As there are not different colors for macbook air black you can get laptop skins for your macbook.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like