back to article Computers locking up kids in NSW

A class action to be launched today in the NSW Supreme Court will accuse NSW Police of arresting and locking up teenagers due to a computer glitch. The action, foreshadowed late in 2010, will be led by prominent compensation lawyers Maurice Blackburn in conjunction with the Public Interest Advocacy Centre. The problem seems …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LaeMing
    Thumb Up

"PICNIC"

I like that one even better than PEBCAK

2. Throatwobbler Mangrove

title

This class action is good news and I wish the plaintiffs well. However...

"The problem seems to be that the NSW Police’s dated operational system, dubbed COPS, has trouble communicating with the state’s troubled JusticeLink computer system...in a classic example of “picnic” (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer), police have been accused of relying solely on their COPS system"

Isn't this a PICAIC (Problem In Chair And In Computer) situation?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

And for their next trick...

... Mr Archibald Buttle, come on down!

"I assure you, Mrs. Buttle, the Ministry is very scrupulous about following up and eradicating any error. If you have any complaints which you'd like to make, I'd be more than happy to send you the appropriate forms. "

4. dotdavid
    Alert

NSW

It took me ages to work out that meant New South Wales. It does mean New South Wales, right?

WTF TLA BBQ LOL!

5. KevinLewis
    Coat

Heads in Cloud

Maybe they should move all this data stuff to the iCloud and then it will work flawlessly... pah.

This topic is closed for new posts.