back to article FileMaker Bento

When the leeches at NatWest recently decided to increase my home insurance premiums yet again, I decided it was time to take my business elsewhere. It was Bento that helped me to carry out an inventory of my home and belongings for my new insurance policy. FileMaker Bento Bento isn't your average database The Bento app is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. turnip handler
    WTF?

Great?

Is it really that great if the app itself requires a Mac to be able to sync data?

Surely a cloud based database app, or one that could sync with Mac or Windows or other software would be much better.

Or do you have to have a Mac now if you want an iPad / iPhone?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Times have changed

Not very long ago loads of stuff was "Windows only". Syncing with Mac only is fine with me!

3. si 6
    FAIL

really?

"I used the wide-screen iPad version, although there’s also a separate release designed for the iPhone"

That's strange considering the iphone is widescreen and the ipad isn't

4. zygoma79
    Facepalm

Limited by the main app

Unfortunately the bit of Bento that's "cut down" from Filemaker is arguably the most important bit of a database - it won't do relational tables.

There are some limited workarounds but in practice for anyone who needs a database for a real reason, rather than just to satisfy some obsessive-compulsive fetish for catalogueing their belongings, it's next to useless.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Gimp

Seriously?

I'm surprised that they can get away with calling it a database app...

What am I saying? These guys market polished turds as toothpicks every day...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like