back to article Star Wars fanboys to restore Tatooine Homestead

Last year a bunch of Star Wars fanbois went on a pilgrimage to the Lars homestead on Tatooine - or rather the part of Tunisia in which George Lucas shot the movies. Many film buffs will remember the iconic 'igloo' as the moisture farm Luke Skywalker was raised on. The igloo is still there, in Tunisa. Due to harsh winds and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

How about...

How about the Lucasarts donating 0.0001% of the income from their franchise? Guess not...

That is once cause celebre that will never ever get a penny from me.

1. Cameron Colley

You beat me to it Mr Coward.

Why are these people trying to get people to pay large amounts of money to help advertise someone's brand? George Lucas could pay a fraction of the amount he spends on rabid lawyers to defend his brand and have the place renovated in no time.

2. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Joke

Their next project...

...is to raise 200 Billion to start piecing Alderaan back together with Crazy Glue and Duct Tape.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

>"Due to harsh winds and desert sun, it has taken quite a battering over the years"

Also Stormtroopers burned it to the ground when they raided it. Don't forget that.

4. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Big Brother

Is Gaddafi hiding in there?

Airstrike in three, two....

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Facepalm

RE: s Gaddafi hiding in there?

Gaddaffiduck is in Libya....

5. hplasm
    Happy

I'm waiting for-

Pimp my Sandcrawler.

They are still out there waiting to bother future archaeologists aren't they?

6. Thomas 4

Dont be so down on restoration

I'd love to see the original trilogy restored on DVD/Blu-ray. The Theatrical version, of course, not the bastardised crap that's been released so far.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Scam alert

They CLAIM to be raising money to redo the igloo, but really they're just going to sneak off to the Toshi Station to pick up some power converters.

Mine's the cloak with the lightsaber in the pocket.

8. Wintermute
    Coat

This article has me worried

This Star Wars stuff seems to be getting out of hand.

9. Winkypop Silver badge
    Alert

Well, call me a Wookie and disable the tractor beam...

....35 years!!?

OMG, I remember going to the film premier in Australia.

10. mafoo
    Joke

1 or 4

is this the one from Star Wars or The Phantom Menace? That may effect peoples' sympathies

11. Deltrak_Ames

Check the post code

(MAKES MYSTIC PASS OVER KEYBOARD) Are these the ruins we're looking for? Didn't the film use some underground hotel or other as the location? Or was it more complex than that? Oh, abd while plastering the walls, they should remember to add the weird outdoor plumbing.

12. Deltrak_Ames

Check the post code

(MAKES MYSTIC PASS OVER KEYBOARD) Are these the ruins we're looking for? Didn't the film use an actual building, some underground hotel or other, as the location? Or was it more complex than that? While plastering the walls, they should remember to add the weird outdoor plumbing.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

I'd pay my own money to preserve this,...

just to stop George Lucas f**king around with it in the interests of "realising the original vision".

Might buy the book about how to get there.

This topic is closed for new posts.