back to article CBS to Pirate Bay: 'You're ok by us'

Last.fm, the music recommendation site owned by US media conglomerate CBS, has today given Pirate Bay the thumbs up to use its servers to add radio streams to BitTorrent searches. The Swedish anti-copyright site has added a Last.fm widget to results pages as part of a new drop-down of extra information on artists (blog post …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jonathan Fitt
    Pirate

If only there was a word for it...

Warner sits on the board of the Motion Picture Ass. of America, which has alleged that the operators of the Pirate Bay are profiteering criminals.

Profiteering criminals, hmm, there must be a word that means that. Nope, I can't think of it.

2. Syren Baran
    Pirate

There cant be a word

... dunno, mafia ...., cartell, hmm. Doesnt sound right. And even having enjoyed an old Sid Meier game staged in the 16th and 17th in CGA graphics back then i cant find an appropriate word.

3. Alan Donaly
    Pirate

The word your looking for

is Corporation.

4. Roger Moore
    Coat

Colonization?

"And even having enjoyed an old Sid Meier game staged in the 16th and 17th in CGA graphics back then i cant find an appropriate word."

I've got it - Colonists! Although we call them Americans now and they might get upset if you go around refering to them as profiteering criminals.

You were thinking of Sid Meier's Colonization, right?

5. Mike Landers
    Pirate

That word...

"F-15 Strike Eagle"?

6. Law
    Paris Hilton

Colonization

"Although we call them Americans now and they might get upset if you go around refering to them as profiteering criminals."

lol - I dunno, seems pretty fitting for most US business's.

btw - I hate seeing z's in there... I remember laughing with 4 other people for hours at how stupid a cop was on "Cops", he kept saying "So sir, have you been burglarized?".... only to find out a month later that it's an actual work in the american language. I think thats criminal... what was wrong with the word burgled that they had to butcher the language so?? :(

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

The word you're looking for

Is actually an acronym-- MPAA, also see synonym RIAA.

8. Roger Moore

OED prefers 'z'

"btw - I hate seeing z's in there"

Actually 'z' is the prefered letter according to the OED. It ws even used to solve an Inspector Morse case where the murdered English prof would never have used an 's' because they would know to use 'z' so you can't get much more British than that! It only became the fashion to use 's' in the latter half of the 20th century. So you can't really blame the Americans for that.

9. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.