back to article Coder claims logs show WebOS netbook in pipe

One WebOS developer has claimed to have found proof that HP is working on a WebOS-based tablet. Coder Thomas Perraudin says he found the following in his developer logs: {"ModelName" "(Device)", "modelNameAscii": "Device" "platformVersion": "Nova Dartfish," platformVersionMajor ": -1," platformVersionMinor ": -1," …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Not necessarily

The first more looks like a WebOs shell on top of a notebook, not a "WebOS notebook". Note that the -1 in the version numbers. It is a give-away that it is not a standard OS train.

2. Volker Hett

Maybe I'm stupid

How das screenheight 768pixel and maxcardheight 740 pixel hint for a netbooks with 600pixel?

3. MondoMan

Improved TouchPad?

Errr... the spec snippet in the article describes a 1024x768 screen, not a 1024x600 screen.

4. wheel
    Headmaster

Pedantic? Moi?

Not at all. But I do love the image of water flying under a bridge.

5. Robert E A Harvey

JTFL

the expression "Missed the boat" keeps flooding my mind. I wonder why?

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

huh? WebOS tablet is well known

surely this is just a log from a WebOS tablet visiting his site rather than a netbook? the WebOS tablet is well known - though not released until summer this year - some lucker testers have them though

7. Thumbs
    WTF?

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Could this not equally be refering to a fondle slab?

8. fishman

tablet w/ keyboard?

Could it be for a tablet with a bluetooth keyboard, or a "transformer" type tablet?

1. Jolyon Smith
      FAIL

EXACTLY fishman...

"keyboard available: true" isn't the same as "non-removable keyboard installed at the factory: true"

And tablets have the same res as netbooks (or better in some cases) so screen res is no indication either.

Storm, Mountain, meet Teacup and Molehill, and jump right over here to the Conclusion.

9. Bobbo the Wondersquid

This is not news

I knew this yesterday - HP has it posted on the front page of their site, for the love of all things holy!

1. Robert E A Harvey

shops

Never mind the web site - they need to post them to the shops!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like