back to article Crooks haul Vodafone NZ's ENTIRE Xperia Play stock

New Zealanders will not be getting Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play - aka the PlayStation phone - at least not from Vodafone. Why? The carrier's entire shipment of handsets has been nicked. So says Vodafone New Zealand's official Tweeter, who today posted: "Regret to advise the Xperia Play launch will be delayed. Major security …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jamie Kitson
    Coat

Put that one down to....

Xperiance

2. Owen Carter
    Troll

Marketing stunts..

I initially assumed this was a marketing stunt to create an artificial shortage, and that since PSN was still down it they had calculated that they would not lose much anyway.

But, as it turns out the Xperia Play network is a separate entity and not affected by the PSN attacks (yet?) so maybe they are just lousy at security after all, or repeatedly choose suppliers who are..

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Linux

Sony will be sure to blame

Anonymous or even Hotlz for the problem. Just to avoid any more embarrasment to the failures in vodafone.

Pssst: Wanna but a cheap SONY toy?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm pretty sure

they won't blame Hotz - they've got what they wanted, a talented hacker staying away from their hardware and it costed them some bad publicity.

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

This a Major Security Breach.

Entirely different to anything else that you may have seen recently related to Sony described by scaremongering hacks as a "Major Security Breach" and waaaaay more serious, so you can all forget about the other one now.

Please.

We Really Mean It.

OK?

5. KiwiAndy
    Thumb Down

Stoopid VF publicity stunt

I think they'll be looking for a new PR or ad agency. Just a hoax perpetrated by the folk at Vodafone to get some attention for the Xperia. For free.

Thought April 1st was well over, but apparently not here in Godzone.

:P

6. Jonathan Walsh
    FAIL

Publicity Stunt

Turns out this was a Vodafone publicity stunt

7. Youngone Silver badge
    FAIL

Fail again

Seriously. The fault for this will be with Vodafone NZ, they must be the least competent bunch I've ever had the misfortune to do business with.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like