back to article Counter-Strike gamers explore bin Laden bag site

While the US enthusiastically celebrated the execution of Osama bin Laden, one advantageous coder began building a Counter-Strike map based on the bearded bomber's compound. It has been causing quite a stir since its release last week. The first-person shooter map mimics bin Laden's hidden home and surrounding areas in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I

I look forward to escaping Aliens through it!

2. brimful
    Grenade

Accuracy of the map

Assuming that the accuracy of the map is top notch, the CT's should win the first round. Not sure about subsequent rounds as real life events haven't progressed that far yet.

Grenade: cos we all know that teargas would be a good addition to the already excellent array of weapons.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge

RE: Accuracy of the map

The map is of the area AROUND the compound Bin Liner was hiding in, not the inside of the actual compound itself.

3. Dimitrov

CS is still a thing?

People still play Counter-Strike?

1. GeorgeTuk

I thought the same.

Must be 5 years since my last CS:Source.

To be fair more modern games don't have much in the way of a modding community so I guess that is why.

1. Tom 38

Meh

I still play CS 1.6/CZ - source is shit.

All about the gameplay.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Yes

Yes

3. Shaun 2
      Grenade

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Hell yeah - Still a great game, and far more rewarding for good players than CoD........

4. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Happy

RE: CS is still a thing?

"People still play Counter-Strike?" Yes, there's still plenty of servers and clans out there. Mostly it seems that people try other "better" games, tire of them, and drift back to CS until a new "better" game comes out. The community keeps churning out new maps, which helps keep interest up, but there are still plenty of busy servers just offering the standard 1.6 maps. It may be because the game has built-in voice chat, which means it can often be quite social.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cool.

If I recall the defenders were outnumbered and outgunned probably, though were they?

5. Select * From Handle
    Joke

Is this

a hostage map or a plant the bomb map? also does it come with Bin ladin plugins?

6. Keith Crooks
    Alert

A simple solution to those opposed...

If you don't like it, you don't have to play it!

Simples!

7. Rich 30

why not..

The Half-Life modding scene (which i include the like of SC, Day of Defeat etc etc) has always been really good i think, one of the best. So I'm not suprised someone did this. Well done to them.

8. sisk
    Joke

And remember....

when you play Counterstrike, terrorists win.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like