back to article Microsoft pledges Kinect games explosion

Microsoft has announced that the number of Kinect games available top buy will have tripled by the end of the year. Since its launch six months ago, the Xbox 360 Kinect has seen a fairly limited supply of titles come its way and many of us are still waiting for a groundbreaking game that realises its potential. Perhaps …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

So that would

be 3x more dancing/jumping/waving games then,,,

You only have to look at the samey crud that Kinect currently has to see that there is very little room to break out of the jump/wave type game...

1. Lamont Cranston

I think this is why Wii/Move make more sense,

as they still give you a controller to work with. I don't really see much other than dance games working with Kinect.

1. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Re: I think this is why Wii/Move make more sense,

The Xbox 360 controller can still be used though. Simultaneously using both controller and Kinect could generate some interesting results, imo.

1. Octopoid

Controller(s)

But holding it in one hand is awkward, and holding it in boths limits what you can do with your arms.

What you really need is two smaller controllers, one for each ha...

ah.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Previous commentards

Have clearly not used the Kinect.

The first time I played Dance Central I was *very* suprised by the accuracy, for example on a particular song (I forget which) the Kinect detects whether I'm performing a "talk" gesture with my hand or whether I'm moving my waist in a "clock" like motion. These aren't big gestures and I can imagine (as I haven't tested it) the Kinect being accurate enough to detect whether you are simulating pulling a trigger for a game such as COD. If this is the case then there is no need for a controller as you could quite easily implement tap your left leg for grenades, right for smoke etc in the same way the Kinectimals game uses similar gestures for sit \ rollover etc

Rumours were that THQ were going to announce a big Kinect game along these lines but I haven't seen anything, maybe E3?

Posting anonymously as I'm a private dancer.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

I have

And Kinect is crud. It's laggy and not very accurate, almost every pre-launch promise made about it fails to deliver.

Promises like when a new player enters the view, it recognises them, and configures the game for them. Reality: Someone walks into view, it all cocks up royally. Promises like "Minority Report" style gestures and other laughable hype.

I traded mine in after 3 weeks, and looking at the number of used Kinects in Game/Gamestation/CEX, a vast number of other people are too..

3. MJI Silver badge

Gaming - slob out time

After work - don't want to have to stand.

Best aimed at pre teens who are hyper anyway.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now that people know...

What happened to that fake starwars game that everyone was getting so hyped up about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJO8lZwPso

Haha, complete garbage.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like