back to article The next Microsoft in the cloud computing era is ...

Cloud computing lacks both cross-compatibility and standards. Added to vendor lock-in is the possibility of outages, breaches of security or privacy, providers suspending your account, losing data or even going out of business altogether. A variety of vendor strategies are in play. Apple and Oracle exemplify the proprietary …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Doug Glass
    Go

Cloud Computing Era

Only in the minds of those trying to sell it.

2. syklops
    Linux

What about Red Hat?

No mention of Red Hats OpenShift?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What about Red Hat?

Try this: http://search.theregister.co.uk/?q=Red+Hat+Openshift&site=&psite=0

3. WR
    Alert

Warning : MS Love in

Been playing with the Office365 beta.

Took three lines of PowerShell to connect from my desktop to the remote Exchange server and import all the nice cmdlets into the local PS session.

Full cmd line control of my cloudy email.

As someone who's spent the last 15 years supporting MS environments, that was a bit cool.

Integration is certainly their selling point right now.

I just hope it's secure as all hell as well.....

WR

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The next Microsoft in the cloud computing era is ...

Alright. Once again and read my lips. Things you do (whatever, reading, writing, looking at, clicking on, etc.) will get notice. May it be MS, Apple, The Register, no matter what. it'll bite you in the ass sooner or later. Fancy wording like CLOUD COMPUTING, FILE SHARING, ANONYMOUS, SECURE, SCRAMBLED, PASSWORD, PROTECTED, ETC. ETC., is just wording, no promises, whatsoever. Now , Register, get back to me if not true.

1. dogged
      WTF?

Relevance

I keep looking for it but it just ain't there.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like