back to article Google offers to pop round and take some piccies

Google is asking businesses to invite it in to take photographs, extending Street View into hotels, restaurants and shops to show what's inside as well as what's outside. The project is called "Business Photos" and involves a Google photographer dropping by for an hour or so to take a series of panoramic shots. Some of those …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Verification

I'd laugh if they continue with their normal ad-hoc verification process. I can just see someone with a Chinese IP address submitting MI6 as a business interested in taking up Google's offer ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pirate

Now you're giving me ideas...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Sounds great

I'll happily nominate a few swingers clubs, should still be interesting even with the face blurring.

Paris as I'm pretty sure I'd be able to pick her out even with a blurred face.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

UFO Abductions, John Lumic & Google

Not long now before Google start abducting citizens off the streets, anally probe them and conduct all sorts of bizarre tests to establish statistics, before releasing them bewildered and upgraded to Human 2.0™ with an RFID chip in their head onto a desolate Nevada highway.

You mark my words...

1. Neil Greatorex

You need to get out of your Mother's basement

and stop watching Doctor Who. :-)

2. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Black Helicopters

Hmmm....

Who says they haven't already invented time-travel and their decendents aren't coming back from the future to perform these tasks already! There's plenty of people about claiming to have been through what you've described!

4. volsano

reciprocal piccies

I'd be more than happy to have them photograph my place of work.

All I ask is that they allow me into theirs with a camera too.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New?

I was surprised to find the other day that you can StreetView your way around *inside* the Alton Towers theme park. My guess is AT agreed to it as it's good for business...

1. Eddie Edwards
      Thumb Up

Hmm

Sadly Legoland doesn't even have its internal layout in 2D on Google Maps ... they should do this for all the major attractions. Far easier to whip my phone out than a big foldy paper map.

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: New?

Likewise, The Eden Project. One of the many places the pushbike versions of the spycars have visited.

1. Jeremy 2

Re: Re: New?

Likewise, Malham Cove, which looks quite lovely on Streetview...

6. DJV Silver badge
    Thumb Up

DIY

Nah, do it yourself and upload them here:

www.panoramicearth.com

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

oooorrrr

Use a site that will actually be seen by potential customers.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great for potential thieves.

Certainly will make it easier for folks to "case out" a place in preparation for a robbery.

How kind of Google to provide this service.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do what?

So you invite the Google to snap the inside of your eatery and then they post pictures of your establishment full of what appear to be shop mannequins getting in the way of the fine decor....

9. Fred Flintstone Gold badge
    Big Brother

Actually, most of their plans are already in place..

After all, how many people now have an Android phone?

:-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like