back to article White iPhone 4 spotted, 'shipped to Apple stores'

Apple's ever-elusive white iPhone 4 has been spotted in the wild. Separately, Apple Insider reports that the elusive Caucasian iPhone has already been shipped to Apple retail stores in the US. According to source sharing snaps with BRG, née Boy Genius Report, this is a white iPhone: White iPhone 4 on T-Mobile service We …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Darryl

Oh. My. God.

An established consumer gadget released in a DIFFERENT COLOUR????

(OK, I know that neither white nor black are actually colours, but you know what I mean.)

Why is this not front page news on every reputable media outlet on the planet?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

To the batcave!

Quick! While loads of iFans dump their black iPhone4 to buy a white one, run to the nearest classifieds and snag yourself a "like new" black iPhone4 for $50 off the current retail! Best time to upgrade your 3GS!

2. Peter Murphy
      Coat

I hear the iPhone also comes in yellow!

But first you have to drop the while one in an urinal.

2. Si 1

Whites

I'm not convinced. The white of the Home button doesn't match the white of the front fascia, which is consistent with the knock-offs/rejects you can buy to convert a black iPhone 4. The real test: prove the screen has an oleophobic coating, as the knock-offs/rejects don't have that, either because they're copies or they were stolen from the factories before the coating was applied.

3. Far Canal
    Grenade

So ....

I have to say that this really doesn't pass the "who gives a damn" test. Why enev bore us with the details?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Oh dear...

Either they've screwed up the white balance on their camera, or that plastic is already starting to turn yellow!

5. Levente Szileszky

Looks...

...cheap - a typical tacky Apple piece.

6. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Joke

To keep that white exterior its whitest...

Nine out of ten dentists recommend Crest with Brightening Fluoride formula. Oh and don't forget to floss in-between icons every day.

7. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Linux

Not only...

...is the iPhone now available in white, but Microsoft has announced the Blue Screen of Death will now be offered in one of seven attractive colors.

\o/ Yay....

1. Lunatik
      Headmaster

Envelopes & fingers

..but of course you've always been able to do that by editing the SYSTEM.INI file.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Every model the same story

Rumours about a white iPhone being made, rumours about a white iPhone being shipped, rumours about a white iPhone being found, rumour about Cam2A throwing computer out of window whilst screaming "It's only the bloody case colour".

Too many news sites have been reporting this, and not only for the iPhone 4. It has been the same for the past two versions if I'm not very much mistaken.

9. tim-e
    Thumb Up

nice

I like it. I'll buy one when Unicorn 5 phone comes out.

10. Player_16
    Paris Hilton

It is incredible...

...how a company that makes only ONE common popular phone can make many news agencies and people around the world go ape-shit about a 2nd soon-to-be-released promised colour of the same common popular phone.

POWER!!

(Cheap advertisement)

11. Select * From Handle
    Joke

I wonder what this looks like on the apple tracking screen.

with all the recent apply tracking stuff, i asume once they have flown off the shelves into the hands of fanbois and connected to itunes that apple can replay the distribution. i guess it would look like fireworks on a map :P

12. Monty Burns

ok ... so ....

has the aerial been redesigned/moved/added protection? Would be good for consumers but also, finaly, a real admission from Apple that they screwed up first time round (is this possible!?)

13. clanger9

New antenna design?

Does this have the gaps in the antenna like the "perfect" iPhone 4?

I don't have one handy to check, but something looks different in that picture. Can anyone confirm?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like