back to article Facebook restores fan page of social scam warning site

Facebook has restored the fan page of an anti-scam site after earlier turfing out the Bulldog Estate. The expulsion, decried by security watchers, meant that a site which serves the useful purpose of warning about survey scams and malware on Facebook disappeared off the social network. Scam Snipper, another similar service, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Spanners Silver badge
    Alien

Perhaps Someone Complained

I wonder if they upset a scammer who then complained to FB who didn't investigate it properly.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't know about Facebook...

...but they should be kicked off the net for crimes against webpage design!

All those different font sizes and styles made my eyes bleed before I could read more than a few lines!

I haven't seen anything quite like that since geocities departed from this virtual world!

3. LaeMing

Strong Language.

FB only allows weak language. We know this.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Another Mistake??

It seems like Facebook are making a lot of "mistakes" recently - they have an automated system to identify and remove "spammy" apps which seems most of the time to trash perfectly good apps and leaves the spammy ones behind. FB have kept saying that its a "mistake" but then they say they can't restore the deleted application...

Surely there can only be so many "mistakes" before they stop being mistakes and it becomes pure incompetence.

5. Owen Carter
    Badgers

Campaign

@Spanners;

Yep; I'd bet the scammers mounted a campaign to 'report' the page; perhaps an automated one.

What's the betting that FB has a system to drop pages urgently (without human oversight) if enough reports with a similar reasoning are received in a short time period?

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    Big Brother

Anti-scam fan page on FB

Does anyone else see the irony here?

7. Mark York 3 Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Tony Mazan, the owner of The Bulldog Estate

I first read that as Tarzan, a quick double take then registered as Tarmazipan.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like