back to article Wills and Kate to wed live on YouTube

Those of you hoping to escape the forthcoming nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton had better stick YouTube on your list of proscribed media, because the 29 April wedding will be streamed live on The Royal Channel. According to St James's Palace, you'll need to switch off your PC and hide in a darkened room between …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. teapot9999
    WTF?

Oh for fox sake!

Is there no escape from the royal wedding charade!

1. Code Monkey
      Thumb Up

Re: Is there no escape

Yes. I'll be sitting in a beer garden with a load of other people who don't give a rat's arse about the latest round of the royal circus. It'll be lovely!

2. jonathanb Silver badge

Yes there is a way

No internet access in the Channel Tunnel, and when you get to the other side, roaming charges will be so expensive that you will need to switch it off anyway.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm going for a wander up the Cairngorms.

Nothing like a bit of isolation.

4. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Pint

Sod that crap!

I'm off camping with the clan to Hunstanton for the entire weekend! The campsite is having a party I believe but I will drag the horde out of their sleeping bags nice and early and bugger off up around The Wash with my camera to the quieter areas full the colourful locals and their " Londoner eh? I's been there once I think? ".

As Wolfie Smith said, "Come the glorious day citizen, which I don't think you'll find too glorious! Blindfold, last fag, bop, bop, bop!"

1. Bryan Ansell

Sunny Hunny?

You could always pop down the road to Sandringham for a quiet walk in the woods... oh... Actually, I think you'll find Norfolk nauseatingly Royalist. I lived there for 40-something years, and it was ever thus.

5. Graham Marsden
      Happy

I'm hoping it will be fine weather for the wedding...

... not for the Royal Couple, but because whilst everyone else is indoors watching it, I'll be out having a blast on the motorbike on virtually empty roads :-)

2. AdamW

No Licence

I dont have a TV licence, I am not allowed to watch it live.... shame.

1. nickyboy

No Licence - shame you are in the UK...

I was just thinking the same... Guessing the You Tube channel means anyone else in the world can legally watch the wedding, so its just those of us in the UK who are unable to watch the royal wedding! - Hmm...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about the ads

Is the revenue for advertising on You Tube for the event going to go anywhere near even the UK government? let alone back into the pockets of the tax payer who's footing the bill for the whole event...Not a chance.

Seems to me all this hype around the world has been handled very very poorly by the UK...At a time when people need to be making money they have failed to cash in on the world event of the decade (no matter what you say a fuck load of people will be watching).

4. Gav
    Flame

Where's my invite then?

"their intention has always been that their wedding should be accessible to everyone."

That's nice, especially since everyone's paying for it.

That's "accessible" meaning the commoners can watch their betters on the box in the "lounge" of their dreadful little squalid houses, but are not welcome to turn up and take part.

1. Jonathan 10
      Happy

Sorta true...

'That's nice, especially since everyone's paying for it.'

We're paying for the security, Kate's parents are picking up the rest. We do this whenever there are state events be it royal or not. Still I do like the fact the government used aid money to pay for the pope's visit.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I predict...

I predict it will be announced that the YouTube stream has crashed under extremely heavy load, as all seven billion people on Earth watch it.

The keyword there is 'announced'.

In case anyone's interested, Primark are doing £5 parody T-shirts of the Sex Pistols album cover, which say "NEvEr mInD tHe wEdDIng, leT's gO dOWn tHE pUb". Sounds like a must-have bit of kit for anyone who has to work on Friday because their republican boss won't give them the day off.

1. Code Monkey

Repulbicans

I'm a staunch Republican and still want the day off.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Roundheads

No, you want *a* day off, not *the* day off!

We'd all love of of them, providing we still get paid...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

So tempting...

to point the twitterbot at the shitstream so it can join the conversation with ever thoughtful contributions.

Bring back Ron Miller from FLAB!

7. The lone lurker

I'm not keen on the hype

and please take this as someone playing devils advocate...

If you consider yourself English then you accept the monarchy. The Eldest grandson of our Queen and our future head of state is getting married to someone who will in theory produce the next king or queen ( if Cameron has his way)

We are, as Englishmen, duty bound to support the wedding.

Not so long ago comments like the above would get you a stay in the Tower!

On a side note I had the opportunity to work for several months in Malaysia, The former colonies are even more rabid than us - to the point that the prime newspaper in Penang was speculating on the current state of the Royal Virginity!

8. DLSmith
    WTF?

Wake me when it's over.....

While I am sure some people who don't have lives are hoovering up every tiny tid-bit that leaks out concerning the upcoming Royal nuptials, I find anything about the Monarchy un-newsworthy, unless one of them is caught drunk as a skunk, running naked through Piccadilly Circus at high noon.

After careful consideration, however, I still wouldn't be interested.

Some morning news programs here in the States even have a daily update on the latest news and rumors. I could care less, as I'm sure 99% of the rest of their viewers are equally disinterested.

One can only wonder what good all that money spent could do for some worthy cause.

What a complete and utter waste of time.

9. Sarah Davis
    Stop

WHO CARES ?

I got rid of my TV specificly so i don't have to be exposed to crap like this. Now if we could just persuade them to pay for their own wedding out of their own pocket and to STFU then the people will be happy.

I've yet to meet or hear of anyone who has any interest in this 'divorce-waiting-to happen'. Now never mention them again !

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't know about you, but...

I'll be taping it, so please don't spoil it by telling me the result.

11. h 6

Shelter

I'll be down at the Winchester.

(pint icon not availabe via mobile site)

12. Deadly Headshot
    FAIL

hashtag #rw2011

"fans of the Widdletons can send their 140-character congrats using the hashtag #rw2011"

Given past "occurrances" of when a live twitter feed was broadcast on telly, do you think they'll be reviewing the tweets by hand before they go up or will it be flooded with spam and trolling within 30 seconds?

Let's watch what happens when every British frequenter of /b/ decides to do the same thing...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like