back to article Asus N73SV Core i7 Sandy Bridge 17.3in laptop

As a multi-media laptop the Asus NX90 is undoubtedly desirable but it's as big as a barge, weighs a ton and costs an arm and a leg. However, now you can get the same Bang & Olufsen sound system, full HD screen and the latest Sandy Bridge i7 processor in the altogether more practical N73. Asus N73SV Sound prospect: Asus' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Dawson

D'oh

Was I the only one to read that wrong and thought that the audio was by B & Q?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

re: D'oh

Your geekiness cred would have been significantly higher if you had said that B&O stood for Baltimore & Ohio.

3. Robert E A Harvey

vertical pixels in short supply

What is it about vertical pixels? A few years ago 1024 was the norm for vertical pixels, then people went all 900 high and now we are supposed to wet ourselves because this has 1080? Why are screens not 2048 high by now?

This shift to wide-screen TV proportions has made a lot of software with its men us, button bars, navigation bars, drawing bars, status lines all very crowded. Lets put the controls down the left hand side now that we have wide screens, and give us some workable space back on the document/maths/canvas/feature area.

1. Robert E A Harvey

buglisting this idea

I've raised https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36400 to suggest relocating controls in LibreOffice

4. DF118
    Troll

B&O

Whither Hugh Jorgen and his "B&O is the best in the world" cheerleading?

5. Lottie

Impressive

I was reading that, wondering how far over 1700 quid this would be.

Pleasnt surprise it's under a grand.

Shame I still can't afford it though :-(

6. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

Not impressed

I wonder how much Bandits & Outlaws stung Asus for use of their name (makes a change from overcharging customers directly). Reasonable audio reproduction on small speakers is pretty old tech now - just that so far laptops really haven't bothered.

Battery life looks a long way from exceptional.

Screen vertical resolution is marginally better than dire.

No mention of a Linux version.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Firefox-based web browser is a horrid little affair and there’s no Skype or Pidgin, etc

Fair point I suppose, but as with any new PC, you have to spend a little time downloading the software you need/deleting the crapware.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

The important info.. Missed..

For me, it's how much bloatware it comes preinstalled with. Is it easy to remove? is it easy to find drivers if I wished to do a clean install? Does the bloatware break anything or cause performance issues?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like