back to article City of London takes non-profit to the cloud

Who is the shadowy City of London Corporation? Actually it is not shadowy at all, it's the City's local government. In our latest Future of Productivity podcast Adam Hand tells Tim Phillips how the City of London Corporation helped TheCityUK, a non-profit organisation that promotes UK financial services, to migrate its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kay Burley ate my hamster
    FAIL

Shadowy...

"There is an institution with a murky history and remarkable powers that acts like a political and financial island within our island nation state. Welcome to the Square Mile and the City of London Corporation."

http://www.newstatesman.com/economy/2011/02/london-corporation-city

2. yeahyeahno
    FAIL

Shadowy?

"Who is the shadowy City of London Corporation? Actually it is not shadowy at all, it's the City's local government."

Actually, there is quite a lot about the City of London Corporation that is quite shadowy, take a look at the funding of the organisation, and its strange powers, its own police force, hardly any electorate, it's opt out of many of the controls and checks that other councils have, take a look at it's property portfolio, the bridge fund and much much much more that all make it a very Shadowy organisation.

3. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

Unopen & Shut

I'm not sure which causes me the most disquiet; the client or the service provider.

I'm sure they had a total meeting of minds... Worrying, that.

This topic is closed for new posts.