back to article Kogan hits 'net-on-TV', Android, Ubuntu markets all at once

Serial stirrer Ruslan Kogan has decided that Gerry Harvey is too boring a target, and wants to stick his thumbs in Steve Jobs' eye instead. To that end, the latest release list from the upstart vendor includes a 7" Android tablet starting at $139 (£99). The latest Kogan Technologies lineup also includes an internet-on-TV …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Webb

Wow

It actually cost £89 for a 7" with capacitive (not resistive) screen, that's a pretty sweet deal, so sweet I actually bought one, cheers El Reg!

2. Fred Pilcher
    Happy

Brilliant!

The man's a living national treasure!

3. AMCMO
    Thumb Down

National Treasure - Not Likely!

The tablet is an old generation, single core, no mention of graphics capability, the old V2.2 o/s that is NOT suitable for tablets according to Google and cannot be upgraded to V3.

Seems to me, throwing money away on a lower than iPad1 spec tablet. Guess there are people out there who shop by dollar not by capability. Personally, if not an iPad2, then would have to be a XOOM or the NEXT generation Samsung, due in a couple of months (the current one's too heavy and ordinary performance).

No, the guy's not a national treasure, just a seller of what seem to be last generation products out of Chinese factories at Chinese prices . If he didn't sell direct, I doubt anyone would pay the extra for his product. Now of course, he's jumped on the Android bandwagon, figure there are enough price only buyers out there to get good sales.

Personally, I'd rather go to a Joyce/Jerry etc, check the quality and performance of a product before stumping up my $$, and bu a product from a reputable manufacturer who I know will be around to support and service.

1. Elmer Phud
      Pirate

Amstrad

There's always room for an AlanMartinSugarTRADing company.

4. Chezstar
    Thumb Down

The netbooks....

Are Celeron M processor's too...not even atoms inside them.

I love Kogan's gear, but I have never liked his idea for laptops and netbooks, they are a good example of "you get what you pay for".

If they had atoms in them, then I would consider picking one up, but not with a Celeron.

5. Fezza from Melb
    Thumb Down

Tablets are a bid down

Since, this article was published and after selling a whole batch of Tablets, Kogan have updated thier specs.

The specs have come down, the resolution is pretty average now bluetooth is gone.

The word Samsung has also gone from the processor.

Another media stunt by Kogan.. this time... its probably gone wrong

1. David Webb

Wrong

You mean where it says "Samsung Cortex A8"? Still says it. Dram? Same as ipad 2, twice that of ipad 1.. Seems pretty reasonable to me, Sure it's not an ipad, or an Xoom, but it's 4-5-6 times cheaper, but is it 4-5-6 times worse? No

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like