back to article Floating Image

Turning your Android phone into an impromptu picture frame can be the perfect source of escapism during a dull day and while there’s nothing actually wrong with the basic slideshow feature of the standard Android gallery it’s just that, basic. Floating Image    Floating Image Floating Image: rally your sources, apply your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Antony 2
    Linux

A title

I always got a lot of force closes on this app. I installed Photo Wall, and find it far superior. I even bought the premium version, as I loved it.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. John Robson Silver badge
    Go

Nice

Makes my desk at work a little less boring.

Just need to check all my pictures are SFW

4. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

and those are YOUR holiday snaps

are they, Alun?

5. Christopher Rogers
    Thumb Up

Great holiday snaps!

The post is required, and must contain letters.

(body)

6. Colonel Mad
    Thumb Down

Compatability

Not available on a Wildfire, as are so many of these recommended apps, I think more work is required on this feature to make it relevant to a greater number of readers

1. frank ly

re. not on Wildfire

I think the Wildfire is just a little bit underpowered for some things. I have one and am very happy with it, but am a bit fed up that Firefox and Skype don't run properly on it (the Firefox and Skype sites say as much by not including it on their list of suitable phones).

2. Usedillusion
      Stop

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

You should have got an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) double the RAM and screen res, easily unlocked, rooted etc.. and only £99

1. M Gale

I have one of these.

Sold as the "ZTE Racer". It's an okay cheapy droidphone, but some people don't like single-touch resistive screens. I especially don't like pulling the thing out of my pocket to find it's called the emergency services in my pocket.

FIVE TIMES.

There should be a feature in these phones so that the emergency service guys can determine whether a phone has been triggered in a pocket and set an alarm off or something. Better yet, make it so that the screen can't be brought up with the "unlock or press emergency call button RIGHT FUCKING HERE" just by pressing a button on the front of the bloody device.

7. Robert E A Harvey
    Thumb Up

Economic theory

Is that the Moderatrix in the pictures?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Typical IT readers

...blah...

...blah...

...blah...

OH YUMMY EYE CANDY!

...blah...

...blah...

oh, just me was it? Oops.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Compatability

I suspect that this has more to do with the Wildfire's very low screen resolution of 320 x 240 than anything else.

10. Tom Chiverton 1

NSFW

Geez, a *hardware* review that needs a NSFW tag ? What are we, T3 ?

1. David Neil

If that classes as NSFW

You are either a teacher or you need to work in a place with adults

11. NightFox
    Thumb Down

We Know What we Want!

"Cleverly, the app flicks from portrait to landscape even when you have your phone’s auto-rotate switched off"

Cleverly? As in: it ignores and overrides the user's preference because it thinks it knows best? It's like all these apps that ignore/override the user's volume settings. Bad developers, bad.

1. Trevor Marron

Perhaps....

The author of the piece should have said you can tell the app to over ride the default auto-rotate function. It is switch-able, it is not forced upon you.

12. SKiNFreak
    Megaphone

Wildfire screen res is toilet

My mother in law saw my Galaxy S and went "I want one" and I said no as she doesn't use her phone enough for a free one on a contract. Instead, on the basis of the Register review of the Wildfire, I bought her one and it is shockingly rubbish. The screen takes all the fun out of Android and she's too nice to say to me "John...this phone is rubbbish. And it is your fault".

Will download the app though.

13. 10bottlesofbleach
    Paris Hilton

Phew!

Hello Darling,

Fancy a snog?

Cor!

14. PowerSurge
    WTF?

It should work on anything

Doesn't work on my Hero. Says it's not compatible. Developer says it should and doesn't know whats wrong. Says he'll investigate.

This compatibility error seems to be a new 'feature' of the Market. Complaints on google.

1. Paul_Murphy

Works fine on my Hero.

I'm on 2.1 update 1 (when is update 2 coming out?) so you may want to check that.

Looks very nice I must say.

ttfn

15. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Those certainly aren't MY holiday snaps

And gently-bulgy-lady-in-bikini pictures are not suitable in most workplaces where both women and men are employed. They would be reasonable to show in a bikini shop, I suppose, or a sexy holiday travel agent.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Robert

I would concur with the above poster... if those are NSFW then you need to find a job where you work with adults not idiots.

Either way - why are you reading while at work - get back to work you lazy bugger :)

2. Martin Lyne

The women

The women you work with must shop for clothes with their eyes closed. Ever been in (or within eyeshot of) a swimwear/lingerie section in say M&S or Debenhams? Lots of pretty ladies wearing not-a-lot!

Kindly inform your colleagues that Victorianism is passé.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

The title is required, and must contain fingers and/or digits.

Aren't those pictures missing an EEEpc?

...I'll get my coat.

1. LaeMing
      Heart

You made me LOL

Ah, for the days when I could acompany an EEEpc on the beach.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Wildfire success!

Works fine on my HTC Wildfire running Android 2.2

18. Panix
    Thumb Up

Titties

See title.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like