back to article The X-Factor goes virtually mobile, expands voting

The X Factor, staple of end-of-year TV viewing, is set to launch its own MVNO with a branded handset providing discounted voting and access to exclusive X Factor content. The X Factor Network will be a virtual network operator, and the company isn't saying who will be hosting the infrastructure, but it will have its own …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Russell Favell

Really Stupid Product

Fools!

2. Russell Favell
    WTF?

Really Stupid Product

Fools!

3. MonsieurInconnu
    Thumb Up

Kudos to El Reg

Far better than other 'offerings' for today. Now to see which outlets pick this up and report it as 'real'.... he says waiting in trepidation for the end of civilisation when it proves to be true

4. Michael Dean
    Thumb Up

A good attempt

Nice try El Reg, but I can see if this story is picked up elsewhere it may gather some momentum.

5. Steve Evans

Okay... I'll call this one!

April fool!

Although I have no doubt Nokia would be stupid enough to make such a hideous thing, I can't believe for a minute that they're organised enough to make it with only a couple of years to prepare.

I wish it was true though. It would give us an easy way to identify X-factor zombies... I assume killing them would only carry a short sentence given that they are only a twitch away from brain death already?

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

April Fools

Has to be.

1. Graham Marsden

I think you mean...

Please God, let this be an April Fool...!!

7. Jon Pain
    WTF?

April Fools?

First reg april fool of the day?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

2nd I think

As per subject

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So believable

This is actually a brilliant idea, and not beyond the realms of probability!

Cowell might be on the phone later...

1. Thomas 4

Yeah, maybe

Not on a 10 year old Siemens SX1 he won't be. Haven't seen that side number pad for years.

9. Nigel Brown

Please

let this be the April Fool bit.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

X-factor

"The public lovesX-factor". Well, undoubtedly some do.

But some member of the public love robbery, murder and rape, so I'm not sure it's a great premise to work on.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Hmmm...

Ran the CEO's name through Google Translate.

Hmmm, I can see why Fox keeps screwing over good, intelligent shows now, and Fox owned satellite companies are just equally daft and bring in only vapid channels while dropping the good ones within weeks if they do by chance bring a good one in.

Why? X-Factor is produced by Fox. Therefore the CEO is that of Fox.

12. Sid_the_Kid
    Linux

Tyhmä...

Wouldn't that be a really stupid product? Especially in Finland. That Tuote fella must be a bit tyhmä... ;-)

Nice one, El Reg!

Tux on account of him being my favourite Finn

13. DAN*tastik
    Thumb Up

Is that a social phone too?

I would love to be able to use it to twit

"What should I eat for tea?

Text 10001 for leftovers from yesterday

Text 10002 for leftovers from the day before

Text 10003 for beans on toast".

And have my followers' votes displayed on my Facebook profile.

So that my phone numbers becomes immediately available to all the chefs of LinkedIn within 1 mile from my current location.

Vorsprung durch Technologie!

This topic is closed for new posts.